Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Back from Baja, My travel report

If you are a regular flier to Baja read my blog about my last trip to the East Cape. This report is only about the travel issues not the fishing, which was super slow.
http://gameon2.wordpress.com/
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
Hypoxic1

So how would Alaska air compared?

Given the headaches, I was wondering how The cost of Alaska would have compared. Thanks for the report. I have never been down there to fish but if it were simple It sure seems worth doing

Chris
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Jim Sammons LJKF

Normally the trip down there is simple and in all my years of going down there I have never had an issue with travel. The cost on Alaska was still considerably higher out of San Diego to the point of making the drive to LA a better consideration. Though that would be a hassle too at least the hassle would be in the US.
The point of the article was certainly not to dissuade anyone from traveling to Baja, I already have several trips planned down there next year. More of a warning of the problems you can run into when traveling out of TJ on Volaris. For someone traveling light with all carry on luggage it would have been a slick process but I don't travel light. I have lots of gear for myself and clients so I don't want to risk it again. Out of San Diego we just need another option on flights so that Alaska will bring their prices down. Until then I may just make the run up to LA.
I just did a little price comparison LA vs SD and the flight is about $100 cheaper out of LA, not too bad. I have seen it as much as $300 difference. Don't think about heading down there over Thanksgiving though the price of a ticket is $1300.00 OUCH
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
telewka

baja attitude

I used the air lines in Oct some of the same problems.They just don't post the rules.Can't be in a rush but got my tickets 2 months ahead and only cost $144 round trip no charge for bags.
telewka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
Nic D

that really sucks Jim... sorry to hear it.

I just flew back into sd today from east cape... I had some troubles as well and will try to post a report tonight or asap.
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote