Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
The Nothing
Junior

Jim Sammons joins Jackson Kayak

already been some talk about building a more suitable kayak for the west coast, now Jackson just picked up Jim Sammons:

http://www.yakangler.com/spotlight/i...ns-jim-sammons

March 15, 2013– Jackson Kayak Welcomes Kayak Fishing Legend Jim Sammons to Team Jackson Kayak

Jackson Kayak announced this morning the signing of Jim Sammons to their kayak fishing team.

The partnership brings in this well respected fisherman but also puts Jackson Kayak at the helm as sponsor of two television shows starring Sammons: Kayak Fishing With Jim Sammons (on WFN) and Extreme Fishing Challenge (on NBC Sports). Both shows are produced and directed by Heliconia Press, a leader in paddle sports production.

"Michael Jordan, Jack Nicklaus, Eric Jackson, Jim Sammons. What do they all have in common? “ Asks Drew Gregory, Jackson Kayaks team lead and fishing designer, “All are considered innovators, pioneers and rank among the best, if not the best, of all time at their craft. So, having Jim Sammons on the Jackson Kayak team is literally a dream. In fact, someone pinch me to make sure this is real!"

“This is awesome news!” states Jackson President, Eric “EJ” Jackson. “The entire team is stoked that Jim has found his way to us. This is an exciting era for us all”

“I have been in the kayak fishing business for twenty years and kayak companies like Jackson Kayak don’t come around every day,” States Jim Sammons, “Besides being great people to work with they have quickly become innovators in fishing kayak design bringing the things that kayak anglers want to the market. When the deal came down that Jackson Kayaks wanted to work with me and be involved with my show I was more excited than I can tell you. I wanted to shout it out and let everyone know, that we have a great partnership with this amazing brand, which I know will last for years. With Jacksons help our show is going to get better and better, the sky is the limit for The Kayak Fishing Show now that we have Jackson Kayak on our side.”

About Jim Sammons: A San Diego California native and certified fish and game and IGFA licensed guide, Jim is recognized worldwide as a pioneer in the sport of kayak fishing. Involved in the sport of kayak fishing for over twenty years he owns and runs La Jolla Kayak Fishing Adventures guide service and has work closely with kayak manufacturers on the development of new kayak designs and with various fishing tackle and kayak accessory companies on their growing kayak fishing line of products.

About Jackson Kayak: Jackson Kayak was founded in 2003 by Eric Jackson and Tony Lunt. Currently located in Sparta, Tenn., near the Caney Fork River, Jackson Kayak designs, builds, and manufactures leading whitewater, fishing and exploration paddlesports products. With the moto “Build it like it’s your own”, all of their products are Made in the USA in growing support of the local Tennessee economy. Market leaders in both the whitewater and kayak fishing kayak manufacturing and strong in the exploration sector, Jackson Kayak continues to introduce new product lines each year; this year including a new SUP line amongst 8 new products for 2013. Jackson Kayaks success is largely due to delivering high quality products through paddlesports specialty shops globally; all supported by regional, national and international team members who are engaged to promote the paddling lifestyle
Old 03-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Whaaaat!? So sammons dumped Ocean Kayak and went with Jackson?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Whaaaat!? So sammons dumped Ocean Kayak and went with Jackson?
Money talks, bullshit walks.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggameaddict View Post
Money talks, bullshit walks.
So what you sayn Sammons sold out to the man!?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

From the way he always talked about ocean kayaks being the #1 brand and have the best qulity and all and now he says the same for jackson kayaks.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Oh Crap!!! Does this mean I have to sell the Trident?

Hell No!
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

From the way he talks about ocean kayak being the #1 brand and having the best quality and the most features but now he signed an agreement with jackson kayaks makes me think that.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Quote:
From the way he talks about ocean kayak being the #1 brand and having the best quality and the most features but now he signed an agreement with jackson kayaks makes me think that.
Wouldn't you? Someone is going to pay you to fish from thier yak, T.V. show, endorsements......Sounds like a normal career move.
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
erinoo

A Legend ???? PLEASE!!!...fficeffice" />>>
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
f'nsabiki

Talking

GOOD LORD!! Don't make his head any bigger than it already is

"Jackson Kayak Welcomes Kayak Fishing Legend Jim Sammons to Team Jackson Kayak"
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
jorluivil

I was waiting for you to make the announcement. Roby and I were guessing Malibu, never would of guessed it was Jackson.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
Jimmyz123

For Jim to hook up with a different company there must have been something going on with Ocean Kayaks that made him want to leave. I can't imagine he would leave just for money.

All I know is he did what was best for he and is family and I'm sure each and every one of us would have done the same thing.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMFISH View Post
Wouldn't you? Someone is going to pay you to fish from thier yak, T.V. show, endorsements......Sounds like a normal career move.
Thats why is said money talks, bullshit walks.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
theluckypig

good for jim! now, maybe gregandrew will become mr ocean kayak...?
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Thats why is said money talks, bullshit walks.
Maybe Jim will also have some say in the design of the future kayaks. That Cuda 14 looks nice but the seat looks too high and the weight of the Kayak is a little more than I like. I still would like to paddle one to see what it's like.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
driftwood

Why didn't Hobie sign him up???
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Maybe Jim will also have some say in the design of the future kayaks. That Cuda 14 looks nice but the seat looks too high and the weight of the Kayak is a little more than I like. I still would like to paddle one to see what it's like.
I was looking at the Cuda and this is an old post from someone who has time on one, Also Oxbeast1210? I believe had one for a short time and went to a PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaker View Post
I only spent a few days in sd with the cuda but have had it out off the norcal coast. If you check out NorCalKayakanglers.com there's lots of talk about the cuda. The boat performs extremely well in the ocean. In my opinion it paddled better than my xfactor or stealth 14. The boat handles our 10'+ swells up here great so I really don't see how it wouldn't handle lake la jolla.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #18
jbaker

The Jackson's are great kayaks, if I didn't have a revo The only other kayak I would paddle would be the cuda. The seat is extreay stable. I paddled the coosa down some class 2 white water with the seat up and did just fine. Good move for mr sammons, can't wait to see what they come up with.
jbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
The Nothing
Junior

I can't say I've done anything near 10' swell, but I've had my Cuda on some pretty rough days and it's done fine for me up here. My Trident has been hanging on the wall for a year now.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #20
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Why didn't Hobie sign him up???
CAUSE THEY HAVE WADE!