Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

SD Bay 12/9

Met up with Old Rookie for a trip out on the big bay today. Launched at about 7 A.M. and paddled out of Shelter Island and headed toward Downtown and stared fishing at the green buoy and could not hold position with the movement of the tide.

As you can see the fog and clouds were out but burned off and made for a beautiful day on the bay. Wish I could say more about the catching of fish but the bite just wasn't as hot as we would have liked it. We got plenty of bumps couple of lizards and I got pulled for a nice quarter of a mile ride, probably from a mud marlin, but it was fun.

What I did find was the fish were holding shallow. I was getting more bumps and hits when fishing closer to shore. Fun day and a nice weather.

Image above is of the FF using the Electrical Putty installation. Don't waste time using Marine Goop to secure your FF, there's other great uses for that, embrace the Electrical Putty and know you'll get a great installation.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
blitzburgh

Way to get out there. Thanks for the report.