Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
VINNYC
VINNY

Central Coast Report Full day on on the chop

Yesterday was a fun day but not a day for any beginers. The morning started out real with a little breeze and some chop. Nelson was the star of the day hammering out some real quality fish. He ended up with a 26inch Ling and a nice 19 inch Black rockfish. Also pulling in some big browns and a nice Olive. I rolled in 4 asssorted cods. The fog lifted in the later part of the day and it was blowing 5 to 8 knts. Nelson was still hitting fish even though he was at the mercey of the drift. i was able to stay above my waypoints and some narlly bits on a ten inch Kalins single tail scampy but couldnt bring them in. Fun day and a good work out.
Attached Images

VINNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Rhynik
Junior

Nice! Were all of them on plastics? I'm used to bass fishing with plastics but I get discouraged about using them out there since most people use live/dead bait.
Rhynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
PapaDave

Most people I am aware of fishing bass are using plastics. I know I prefer them, especially the War Heads, gotta love drifting through the kelp and not getting hung up.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
VINNYC
VINNY

We were using plastics from big hammer and butterfly jigs and some P line diamond jigs
VINNYC is offline   Reply With Quote