Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
driftwood

Meeting ended 4:50pm

Fish and Game Commission
2010 Meeting Schedule
ended At 4:50pm today.

Hundreds of arguments were heard today. It will begin tomorrow 8:30 am again. Thats what the panel said... I hope i heard that right.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Billy V

What happened - they couldn't take it anymore ?

Were the Commissioners disgusted with the Enrvo extremists exploits ?

They had the Room until 6 pm ??
------------------
Get them back in there - I want my moneys worth.
-Cage match.-
------------------
Can we bring our Pets tomorrow ? My cat says he wants fresh fish. >-))))o>
-Maybe he can nullify the exploited chid syndrome-
His interests are purely for sustenance. He can't live on fried chicken alone.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
nunyabizness1
Maggie

Ha ha Billy! Go for it!
nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
? My cat says he wants fresh fish. >-))))o>

Aww c'mon Billy! You have a cat!?!? That explains ALOT
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
Gino

They had to call it early so they could get there Free Gormet dinner and discuss there backroom deals.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
GregAndrew

They had their lunch served to them while the meeting was running while we had to get permission to return after using the restroom. They start the meeting about an hour late at 11:00 and a served lunch at about 1:00 and eat it in front of us while they are supposed to be listening to the speakers.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post

For some it's just all about pussy

Had it out on your kayak? Mine loves to get wet

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
kurtfish

Questions to fishermen to act like they cared

Billy's pussy cat knows more about the MLPA process than the indoctrinating teachers that helped the cute little girls prepare their South Pacific Coral Reef speech and diaramas. We submitted nine speaking cards which should have qualified for almost three minutes for my son, Lucas to make his case to keep La Jolla open for fishing. They tried to only give him 1 minute after he patiently waited for four hours to get his chance. As we were required to include your affiliation on the speaker cards I am sure they kept pushing our stack of cards back with Kayak Fisherman written in as our affiliation. Lucas kept right on going once the red light appeared and the timer read 1:00. He did not miss a word and even a lady behind us with a Reserve all of Laguna red badge on her lapel congratulated Lucas on the great job he did.

Overall I believe we had more fisherman in the room thanks to this great forum and BloodyDecks.com. We definitely had more signs thanks to Steve's efforts.

Having their lunch delieverd and eating while the speakers were presenting and my son was waiting to speak in the front row was so illustrative of the preconvieved and elitist nature of the MLPA process. The Packard Foundation funding along with the liberal politicians and school administrators / tecahers educators campaigning on behave of The MLPA has turned this into a kids (future generations) vs old guy fishermen issue. Hearing that the SD Unified District passed some type of closed door reslution to support Map 3 mad my blood boil.

Any City Council or other elected body that passed a MLPA resolution without public vettting and hearings should be terminated. Billy did a great job presenting to the SD Council and he put the Enviros powerpoint presentaion to shame on a lack of science grounds. The SD City Council should be commended for not caving to the Healers pressure to sign a letter without a public review process. The polititcians including Christine Kehoe, OC City Council, SD School District and any others that have submitted letters in support of the crooked MLPA process should be taken out of office in November. John DeBeck just lost my vote. Any other incumbent on the SD Unified School Board should be fired as well. My kids go to SDU schools and you bet we would have been there if they had MLPA on a publically noticed meeting.

Billy bring your little kitty to the next MLPA meeting and her meeows could be as enlightening as some of the kids / liberal teachers speeches. The crazy Seal Lady swingging around the yo yo iron and losing it about her silly Seaworld seal video was classic. It was actually refreshing to hear that the Seal Freaks don't like Seaworld's efforts to mess with our local eco-system as well.

I just checked the SD Unified website and saw no reference to MLPA in the last couple months agendas and no results searching MLPA on the board's site. Fire um all I say. Maybe, the lady that said the SD School Baord supported Map 3 or the IPA lied, imagine that. I'll fllow-up and let you know if DeBeck was just dupped or if the SDUFSD signed a Healer's letter without public vetting.
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfish View Post
Billy's pussy cat knows more about the MLPA process than the indoctrinating teachers that helped the cute little girls prepare their South Pacific Coral Reef speech and diaramas......
No doubt

All joking aside..... I give you guys credit for going and putting up with all this BS. With the rain and work I could not make it but appreciate those who did.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #10
old_rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfish View Post
Having their lunch delieverd and eating while the speakers were presenting and my son was waiting to speak in the front row was so illustrative of the preconvieved and elitist nature of the MLPA process.
How about Kellog being called Mr. President? Give me a break. When I first heard that I looked around for Obama....
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #11
PAL

Kurtfish, I want to know about SD Unified too. Get 'em!
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #12
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

I just wish they would try having Clay's class bused in, Clay and I would have a field day.

First of all, I have talked with his teacher, she is appalled of the thought of closing fishing areas so close to shore.

I would have Clay go in stealth mode, have him go along with the nonsense, try to cover up his fish killing past, and (temporarily) have him become an enviro-extremist...hell, I wonder how many of his classmates would want to partake...

Then, just as they are about to have their presentation, WHAM!

Let him go at it and tell the DFG all about the nonsense and BS that they have been spewing and what his class was really told about this whole sham of a process...the lies that they've been fed, how it will actually hurt the kids more than anyone..then have him hand deliver pics of his catches to the anti DFG members and the entire Lagunatics...

* On a side note, Cabo got Clay and Julian to infiltrate the extremists and each get a shirt...they then proceeded to do what they wanted to the shirts after the photo...dirt stains, ripped to shreds...too bad they didn't have fresh fish blood I'm sure they would've used that as well...think Pal's got some pics of the end results...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
kurtfish

Notorious Clay

Tman, Did they finally give Clay a chance to speak yesterday? I had to leave to get my son some food. He was starving after having to watch those elitists dine with their fine china served by the waiters who walked right thru the middle of the presentations. It is amazing how many folks took time off work and paid their our way to such a farce. Obviously, we are committed to our passion it is too bad we are up against a government and foundation funded enemy in a preconcieved battle.

If we don't fight they win even more easily with more complete closures. I should have put down the name of my son's school instead of kayak fisherman as I know they pushed us back as I submitted our stack well before many speackers before us. Clay's name is quite unique so I am not surprised if you were pushed out till this am.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #14
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Ya he finally got to speak, Lucas did a great job and I am stoked there is another future fisherman that realizes what is at stake.

Beginning of this process, prophetic words from Clay were, "So next they will try to tell me where I can't surf?"

Here is his speech, listen to the 'oooohs' at the :38 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk2ifHfHZPY

Thanks for asking, pretty soon Lucas will have his own yak...then you will know what stress on a kayak is all about...

Tman
Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #15
bellcon

Awesome Job Clay
Old 10-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #16
SGV Rookie

Yeah Clay!

That was awesome! Clay deserves some AP speech class credits for that! Hope to see kids like clay go national, it would be awesome! Keep up the good work kid!

Dave
SGV Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
embo
Junior

[QUOTE=Tman;

* On a side note, Cabo got Clay and Julian to infiltrate the extremists and each get a shirt...they then proceeded to do what they wanted to the shirts after the photo...dirt stains, ripped to shreds...too bad they didn't have fresh fish blood I'm sure they would've used that as well...think Pal's got some pics of the end results...[/QUOTE]

I got one of those shirts once
Attached Images

embo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #18
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by embo View Post
I got one of those shirts once
Classic!

Front page material there....

Tman
Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
kurtfish

More Kitties !!!

I heard someone mention 'blue collar Neanderthals" in describing our side during his presentation. Actually I think he was a Spearo so it was a bit hard to connect the dots on what point he was trying to make. With all the photos of kittens related to this topic makes it obvious we are a sensitive and caring group. The above photo made me laugh out load and think of Clay's smile when he came back with his blue shirt.

If anyone can recall what school the South Pacific Coral Reef girls hailed from I would like to know so I can apply to have my kids sent there. Seriously, the teacher behind that farce should find a new profession. My son asked me three times about dynamiting coral reefs. Finally, I told him that I had heard about local subsistence fishermen in the Phillipines or Indonesia using dynamite to herd fish into their nets. Incorporating such an isolated and geographically removed issue into a discussion of proposed MPA's in Southern California was rediculous and reckless with young impressionable minds. Spendig public funds to bus those kids to the meeting and present their completely irrelevent skit was an educational crime.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
jbm

I really wish I knew what school those kids were from as well. The only schools I could recognize by name was the girl from High Tech High in SD, and it looked like La Jolla Country Day bused in the whole school in those "Big Blue" shirts with a tree on the back. Several of the slightly older speakers were from an unidentified school in Santa Monica.
jbm is offline   Reply With Quote