Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
ICHI
Junior

Talking 1/31/09 Bass and LIMITS...Again...

Well I was going to fish la jolla yesterday morning, but decided to hit the bugs up last night with my bro sherm. Got to SI and met up with our bud greg again except we actually meet him at the landing. Got out to our spot with a great view of downtown with flat seas and clear skys. First pull produced some shorts and crabs, second pull produced a legal and some shorts. Continued like this for awhile, scott with 2 legals and me with 4. Then it shut down hard, no crabs, no shorts, no nuttin.

I was throwin the plastics as always picking off some dinky rockfish, and some mid range calis here and there on random fish traps and such. Twice during the night I got ripped hard, drag peeling and straight runs into the kelp and or rocks for cover. This happens to me every trip just about, always on the big swimmies (5-6 inch). Ive got to bring my 15# bass stick next time to horse em in. Im thinkin bigger model calicos 4-7 pounders, I dont know.Happens to me every time.

Back to the hoopin. I dropped opposite of where sherm and greg were during the "slow crawl" and picked up 2 legals in one pot. Then another legal followed after that, on the same net there was a nicer size bug on the outside of my hoop and he let go right when I lifted it out of the water. Oh well I had LIMITS at this point anyways . I should play the lotto or somethin. Two trips in a row that I get limits of oh so yummy in my tummy lobsters , sorry but there so frickin good. Looks like me and SPYDER will be eaten good tommorow super bowl sunday. Thanks again scott another great night, it was cool checkin out those bugs in the shallows with ya greg. Till next time guys. PEACE.
Attached Images

ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
B Slate

Good Job man
way to kill he lobsters again
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
FishSeeker

your on fire
Old 01-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
fishchaser25

I need to start hooping with you. congrats bro
as for the line ripper mistery fish. dont count out hali's. in my favoret hali spot we get the bigger moddles in the dark.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
ICHI
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchaser25 View Post
I need to start hooping with you. congrats bro
as for the line ripper mistery fish. dont count out hali's. in my favoret hali spot we get the bigger moddles in the dark.
Anytime man. I thought that to as the headshakes get violent on some of the "mystery fish".
ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote