Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
ChumChum
Junior

OK Trident Ultra 4.7 FF help

I'm in the process of choosing a FF for my OK Ultra 4.7 and I'm considering the Hummingbird Helix 5 DI or the Garmin Echo 551dv. I don't need chart plotting.

I'm kinda limited on where I can put a transducer on the Ultra 4.7 and I don't have any experience with them. There is the molded scupper for the transom mount in the center, but I'm not sure if the transducers for the above FF will fit. Also, my Ultra doesn't have the two screw spots in that center transducer scupper recess, so I'll need a kit.

Does anyone have any experience mounting FF and transducers on an Ultra 4.7 (or even a Ultra 4.3 - should be similar). Or should I be looking at different FF?
ChumChum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:22 AM   #2
Blabelfish
Junior

I bought my Elite 4 at OEX and they installed it for free. I don't think I really paid much more (if at all) for it either. They mounted the trans in the hull and didn't use the scupper. No issues at all so far.
Blabelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:26 AM   #3
ChumChum
Junior

Blabelfish, have you noticed any loss of accuracy? I'm concerned that mounting in the hull will reduce the effectiveness of the transducer.
ChumChum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:29 AM   #4
Blabelfish
Junior

Honestly I don't know any better and just trusted them figuring they know what they're doing. I seem to read the same water temps as others and everything seems to appear normal on the sonar.
Blabelfish is offline   Reply With Quote