Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
buddha

I think it is great that you caught it on 12 lb. line but the question is why did you use 12 lb. line? Did you have other setups that were heavier? Is it your bass rod?
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:59 AM   #2
spicolly

@Dirty Curti: Well done & congrats on the first yellow - awesome catch!!!

I surf the area a lot and there always seems to be a swell. Where did you launch from...the jetties? How was the takeoff/landing?

Thanks and congrat's again!!!
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
Dirty Curti

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
I think it is great that you caught it on 12 lb. line but the question is why did you use 12 lb. line? Did you have other setups that were heavier? Is it your bass rod?
Yes I take 3 rods with me. My sibiki rod, the 12 lb. for fishing calico's & a 20 lb for the yellows.

I already had the light rig ready to go so I just pinned one on it and sent it out and then was going to rig the 20 lb later. I just didn't get to that point yet.

Quote:
@Dirty Curti: Well done & congrats on the first yellow - awesome catch!!!

I surf the area a lot and there always seems to be a swell. Where did you launch from...the jetties? How was the takeoff/landing?

Thanks and congrat's again!!!
Launched between the jetties in front of the lifeguard tower. I waited for about 15 minutes for the right time and charged it. Crashed through a couple of small breakers and got a little wet but charged on with no problem. Had to land about 25 yards south of the jetties because it was a little calmer there at the time I landed. Waited for the right time and caught a small breaker for the ride in. It all worked out for me...this time!

Since it was my first video I will have to work on my editing abilities and add music. I hope I continue to get that opportunity.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
ful-rac
Emperor

Lucky the gaff didn't rip out! All that kelp would'a made me nervous...Congrats on the local fish!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
kareem korn

I saw a yaker get stuffed there this morning. Total yard sale. Lot's of lost gear. He looked hurt, had a few people helping him. I hope he's good.
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote