Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #21
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildernessWanker View Post
A while back someone posted a thread about swimbaits and plastics and there was a video attached of some plastics that can be stretched like crazy and won't break compared to others. I am looking at expanding my inventory.
Reading between the lines here: Wanker in all fairness I have to tell you there is more to life then pulling on your plastics.

Just Sayin

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 03-16-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #22
YakDout
Brandon

I guess you can't put a price on (a) good rubber...
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #23
YakDout
Brandon

Plastic*
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #24
wade

Z

[QUOTE=WildernessWanker;186351]So I've been reading reviews online and watching videos and I think I'm going to pull the trigger and purchase some Zman plastics. My only issue is that I'm used to throwing BigHammers and the colors are completely different with Zman. I'm looking at starting with some plastics for fishing the kelp for Calicos and up to 30' outside the kelp for Sandbass, what's the best way to rig and best colors to start with? I'm used to just rigging leadheads but with Zman it looks like there are many more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildernessWanker View Post
Am I better off with Paddlerz or Swimmerz? Dropshotting I can do though, thanks for the advice. Funny thing is I have only tried the dropshot in the harbor, it's never occurred to me outside that. I will have to try Zman grubs though on the dropshot.
Check out the DieZel MinnowZ, 4" & 5" PaddlerZ, StreakZ XL, Scented Jerk ShadZ
GrubZ ect..If you like the SwimmerZ like I do, stock up on them as I hear they might be discontinued next year possibly with another amazing new bait profile!.. I usually throw 1/2 oz++ weedless style jigheads. EWG Weighted & unweighted EWG worm hooks for some dropshot applications.
Like YakDout, For when the bite is more sluggish, I like to present the dropshot off ledges. I’ll use a weightless gamakatsu hook and texas rig a streakZ or paddlerZ & put it right in their face. A couple twitches & its game on..
*(If you or anyone would like to soak a line and pitch some ElaZtech in the Bay, I am game.
Informal meet & greet..Lunch BBQ/Potluck, Sidebets cool too..whatever goes..)

(These are just the MinnowZ colors. )

Natural bait forage colorways that have produced constantly for me are:
Baby Bass = Greenback Mackerel
Pearl
Pearl Blue Glimmer
Bad Shad
Buegill
Smokey Shad
Redbone
Houdini
Bad Shad
Shiner
Pinfish
There are many many other amaZing colors not shown like Nuked Pilchard Glow & Coconut Ice for different baits, shrimpZ, crabZ ext & various water conditions fresh & salt. Stayed tuned Z-Man also has some new gear/laminates to shoot some really cool new colors in their USA factory..

Last edited by wade; 03-16-2014 at 08:42 PM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote