Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #21
danjor

What I was planing on ordering some this morning and there sold out all ready!
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
Raskal311

One of the review:
by TheDonger
Listing says it is the Hoop Net With Rigging kit, But this does not come with the rigging kit, it is a separate purchase. Over all The hoop nets are good but are not what was advertises for the price.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
easyday

I think he was expecting the rope and bullet buoy because the promar nets dont come without the stuff pictured.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #24
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
One of the review:
by TheDonger
Listing says it is the Hoop Net With Rigging kit, But this does not come with the rigging kit, it is a separate purchase. Over all The hoop nets are good but are not what was advertises for the price.
I think the rigging kit they speak of is the bridal and bridal float which is included in the ambush net which there wording makes it sound like it includes the ambush rigging kit which it doesn't. Still a good deal for the net. My sports chalet was out too....
Old 09-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #25
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
I think he was expecting the rope and bullet buoy because the promar nets dont come without the stuff pictured.
Beat me to it
Old 09-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #26
DocHaole

Better to have no rope at all then for it to come with that crappy red rope that comes rigged on some of the flat nets.

I love how after the guy complains about the net rigging, then goes on to say that the net works great. Same exact setup you will find at the tackle shop.
DocHaole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #27
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
Found a similar design on the site and began an inexpensive hoop-net rack using 1/2 PVC.

What you need to do is setup every single net then stack them on the PVC rack, that'll give you a better idea of how they're going to stack up

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 09-27-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: because its friday
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #28
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
What you need to do is setup every single net then stack them on the PVC rack, that'll give you a better idea of how they're going to stack up

Yea since once you add the float bait cage and rope to each net they really don't stack that well. I'm thinking about using a clip so i can detach my float and rope from the bridal ring for easier storage on and off the water. Just switched to using extension cord holders for my rope, spent 5 hours untangling untwisting 750 feet of rope, my shoulders are sore and I haven't even pulled up a net yet
Old 09-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #29
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
I think the rigging kit they speak of is the bridal and bridal float which is included in the ambush net which there wording makes it sound like it includes the ambush rigging kit which it doesn't. Still a good deal for the net. My sports chalet was out too....

Ahh ok, so I think I got a pretty decent deal at $27 OTD.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #30
Saba Slayer

Shackle

Danjor...Try using a 3/16 galvanized shackle instead of a "clip" or aluminum carabiner. The shackle simply screws together rather than relying on the thin steel spring that closes most clip type connecters. That steel spring rusts out eventually and the clip or carabiner will stay open. I was hooping at Catalina with another guys gear last season and I watched an Ambush net sink away as the carabiner was slightly open and the rope slipped out!
Also try placing the floats inside along the sides of the nets, alternating their positions as you stack them and they may fit a little better. I can easily fit 5 Ambush nets with ropes and floats attached on my pvc rack. Having to access your ropes and attach them could be a PITA while you are on the water, especially if it's windy or rough. I'd have my gear ready to go unless you are in a skiff or power boat.
Just MHO
Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #31
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Danjor...Try using a 3/16 galvanized shackle instead of a "clip" or aluminum carabiner. The shackle simply screws together rather than relying on the thin steel spring that closes most clip type connecters. That steel spring rusts out eventually and the clip or carabiner will stay open. I was hooping at Catalina with another guys gear last season and I watched an Ambush net sink away as the carabiner was slightly open and the rope slipped out!
Also try placing the floats inside along the sides of the nets, alternating their positions as you stack them and they may fit a little better. I can easily fit 5 Ambush nets with ropes and floats attached on my pvc rack. Having to access your ropes and attach them could be a PITA while you are on the water, especially if it's windy or rough. I'd have my gear ready to go unless you are in a skiff or power boat.
Just MHO
Jim / Saba Slayer

That's exactly what I do when I stack my nets.

Here's a pic of how my lines are setup

Also make sure that all of your lines are feed through the buoy in the same direction, it'll make it easier to figure out which side to pull.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #32
Saba Slayer

Rigging

Rig all your nets the same way...pointed side of the float into the wind current and swell and the flat side of the float downwind with the excess rope on that side...that way when you grab your rope you won't disturb the net and scare your bugs and crabs. Be sure to put a distinctive pattern of DOT tape on the flat side of the float so it's easy to find.
Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Just MHO
Jim / Saba Slayer
Good tips, thanks!