Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
yakfishin
Junior

Oceanside 8/17 Report

Nothing to report at this time Sir!

Stated at about 630 with the paddle from Pendleton side of the harbor over to the bait barge. RATS!!! no chovies, only sardines. Bait into the bait tank and off we go. Soooo, we figure bigger baits, bigger fish, deeper water. We paddled out to the bouy(spelling), and tossed em over the side, swim little fishies, catch me a bigen. Well about 2 hours went by and nothing. In the mean time all my sardines but 1 had died. So I tried jiggin some and still nothing, not even a knibble. We were out with about 5 or 6 other yaks and the only thing drug up from the bottom was a crab We went into the harbor, fished the rocks, by the hotel, pretty much the whole harbor and got NOTHING! Pretty dull day, but like I always say. A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Anybody else up north have any luck?
yakfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Maxfli123

Same results for me only a lizard fish and spotted bass wanted to play, saw a few other yaks out there but nothin was happening, even the boater I ran into said nada so maybe just a slow day, hope next weekend is better!!!
Maxfli123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
Cuyuna Kid
>-+++(o>

Yakfishin....was that you in the green prowler? I was the one in the yellow stealth right next to you not catching anything! Miss my "chovies."
Cuyuna Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
yakfishin
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuyuna Kid View Post
Yakfishin....was that you in the green prowler? I was the one in the yellow stealth right next to you not catching anything! Miss my "chovies."
Yeah clown you took my picture remember? Or was it that bad of day you thought it was all a bad dream
Old 08-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
echo1er

lot of spottie action on pendleton side. Caught some short butts on swimbaits.
Attached Images

Last edited by echo1er; 08-18-2013 at 08:31 PM.
echo1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Hondatom

Slow at Newport. Headed out of the harbor looking for the elusive "Rock Pile". straight out to 200+ feet and landed 1 small red "Really Small" and my buddy Jon landed 6 to my 1.
Then headed back to the kelp for a big nothing! but it was better than working.
Hondatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

I think we saw you leaving the harbor as we were launching from the "public" docks.

I was with my friends in a Blue FnD, Orange Tandem, and a Red Prowler. We got out to the buoy and didn't find much either, running frozen Anchovies, some monster Sardines, frozen squid, you name it.

We had a school of Mackerel or BIG Sardines swim right under us at one point but they had places to go and things to do. They didn't stick around long enough to do anything.

When the wind picked up, we headed in and fished the outer harbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfishin View Post
Nothing to report at this time Sir!

Stated at about 630 with the paddle from Pendleton side of the harbor over to the bait barge. RATS!!! no chovies, only sardines. Bait into the bait tank and off we go. Soooo, we figure bigger baits, bigger fish, deeper water. We paddled out to the bouy(spelling), and tossed em over the side, swim little fishies, catch me a bigen. Well about 2 hours went by and nothing. In the mean time all my sardines but 1 had died. So I tried jiggin some and still nothing, not even a knibble. We were out with about 5 or 6 other yaks and the only thing drug up from the bottom was a crab We went into the harbor, fished the rocks, by the hotel, pretty much the whole harbor and got NOTHING! Pretty dull day, but like I always say. A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Anybody else up north have any luck?
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
yakfishin
Junior

Yeah we did see you, we had the late comer with all the muscles hanging out.

I see you were catching all those spotties around sunset. We've been talking about taking and after work trip.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
yakfishin
Junior

Gonna hit it again tomorrow see if we can't fish something out of the drink
Old 08-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
Cuyuna Kid
>-+++(o>

Follow me, I'll catch a few.....swim under your kayak, hook em on and give a tug for ya!
Old 08-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
yakfishin
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuyuna Kid View Post
Follow me, I'll catch a few.....swim under your kayak, hook em on and give a tug for ya!

come on bro you gotta put our footage up from today
Old 08-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
Cuyuna Kid
>-+++(o>

Lol, no way! We ended up in a tangled mess, 1 big batray and 3 lines!
Good times though!

Last edited by Cuyuna Kid; 09-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Cuyuna Kid is offline   Reply With Quote