Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #21
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Almost bought one simply because of that "super dry" hatch.
The actual hatch, when sealed properly when attached to the kayak may be the driest on the market, but I'm willing to bet there are a lot of Mokens out there with Marine goop applied around the front hatch. I know of at least 3, and I know 1 guy who's trying to get his money back for a faulty Kayak, he bought his kayak about 2 months ago, and supposedly the newer boats were supposed to be corrected.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #22
Roundeye
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
For a company to terminate someone's Pro Staff contract, like they did to my friend, .
The leak is a simple fix, sounds like somebody got a little butt hurt.
Roundeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #23
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundeye View Post
The leak is a simple fix, sounds like somebody got a little butt hurt.
Roundeye, you have no clue what you are saying do you? I stood up for a teammate of mine that got dealt some dirt, and in the process I discovered a cover up the company was trying to pass over on the customers. So I opted out of my contract because I don't want to work for a company that's going to do that. Assume what you want, make what ever insults you want, but I know the truth and that's all that matters.

You, have a problem, all you do is pop on to posts, insult people, and then go away. You're making a really good name for yourself. I may not be liked well by all and that's fine, but I'm still not going to push a product on anyone that may not be safe.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 07-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #24
papatone8
Junior

I think it's only fair that I get an opportunity to chime in here and share the other side of the story. Jimmy, the hatch issue has been resolved in that the walls surrounding the hatches have been redone, and a new an better gasket is being used to ensure that it is indeed watertight. I'd actually posted this on the team page, but you'd booked out before reading. If ANYONE has an issue with their Moken kayak, all they have to do is call the customer service line at Feelfree Kayaks in North Carolina. All issues will be resolved or a new yak will be sent to replace the faulty one. This is a brand new line of kayaks, and Feelfree is working hard to provide the utmost in customer service to correct any issues that may arise. I think anyone would be impressed with the customer service that these guys provide. Feelfree has had a great year so far, and will continue to provide excellent customer service and strive to bring new and innovative kayaks into the kayak fishing market.

As far as the other "conspiracy theories" that have been thrown out there, they are exactly what they seem to be... hearsay, and nothing more. The other member was dismissed for a lack of professionalism and nothing more. I for one, would prefer to remain professional and adult in regarding these accusations.
papatone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #25
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by papatone8 View Post
I think it's only fair that I get an opportunity to chime in here and share the other side of the story. Jimmy, the hatch issue has been resolved in that the walls surrounding the hatches have been redone, and a new an better gasket is being used to ensure that it is indeed watertight. I'd actually posted this on the team page, but you'd booked out before reading. If ANYONE has an issue with their Moken kayak, all they have to do is call the customer service line at Feelfree Kayaks in North Carolina. All issues will be resolved or a new yak will be sent to replace the faulty one. This is a brand new line of kayaks, and Feelfree is working hard to provide the utmost in customer service to correct any issues that may arise. I think anyone would be impressed with the customer service that these guys provide. Feelfree has had a great year so far, and will continue to provide excellent customer service and strive to bring new and innovative kayaks into the kayak fishing market.

As far as the other "conspiracy theories" that have been thrown out there, they are exactly what they seem to be... hearsay, and nothing more. The other member was dismissed for a lack of professionalism and nothing more. I for one, would prefer to remain professional and adult in regarding these accusations.
Tony, I'm not going to fight with you but I have copies of the PMs and there wasn't anything unprofessional in them. He was asked honestly in a Private Message how he would compare the Moken to the Wilderness Systems kayaks and he answered honestly, nothing different from what I've see others say on the team board. I have the copies of what was said so don't B.S. the people in here. As far as I'm concerned it's over with. If Moken stands behind their warranty on the Kayak great, but treating someone like Dennis was treated was not right. I'm sure if others on the team new they would agree. He was setup and then kicked off the team, again, I have the proof of what was said.

I hope that FeelFree and Moken do well, but right now word on the street out here is not too good, I've received a lot of PMs in the last two days telling me so, and that was another reason I bailed. Too much stress on a sport that I love, and I just don't need it anymore. Have a good day sir.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #26
papatone8
Junior

we're all entitled to our opinions Jimmy. Feelfree will indeed stand behind it's products and continue to do so. As I said in my e-mail to you, I wish you well in your future endeavors, but saying that it's all over, yet continuing on a bashing spree isn't truly saying it's over. As far as the other member goes, I too have all of that, and I suppose we'll continue to disagree. As far as the other team members, I don't hide anything from them. I welcome their discussions and disagreements, because that only makes us a stronger team.

Good luck to ya.
papatone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by papatone8 View Post
we're all entitled to our opinions Jimmy. Feelfree will indeed stand behind it's products and continue to do so. As I said in my e-mail to you, I wish you well in your future endeavors, but saying that it's all over, yet continuing on a bashing spree isn't truly saying it's over. As far as the other member goes, I too have all of that, and I suppose we'll continue to disagree. As far as the other team members, I don't hide anything from them. I welcome their discussions and disagreements, because that only makes us a stronger team.

Good luck to ya.

I've said my peace, my opinion, and I'm not saying anything more bad about the Kayak, FeelFree or anyone. I do hope you do well, as well as the team. If what I've done here is help you improve the product and it's safety, great. If I've made people mad at me, that's their choice as well, life's too short to spend it being angry. Lesson learned, and I'm moving on. I know I am not liked by everyone, no one is, I know who my friends are and that's what's important.

Best wishes and tight lines.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 07-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #28
YakMedic

I've been out of town for the last week and I came back to this? Jimmy keep it professional, there is no cover up. The questions you raised to the FeelFree team were answered appropriately and the issue has previously been resolved. The kayaks that both of us have are older models prior to the first revision and we are aware of the changes that were made to the current model. I still 100% stand by this product and will continue to work with the manufacturer to give constructive feedback on the kayaks.

It's unfortunate that you felt this outcome was needed, but I applaud you for standing up for what you believe. Good luck to you, its kayak fishing and it's a great stress reliever. It would probably do us all some good to get on the water today. This is all I will say on the subject.

Take Care Jimmy
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakMedic View Post
I've been out of town for the last week and I came back to this? Jimmy keep it professional, there is no cover up. The questions you raised to the FeelFree team were answered appropriately and the issue has previously been resolved. The kayaks that both of us have are older models prior to the first revision and we are aware of the changes that were made to the current model. I still 100% stand by this product and will continue to work with the manufacturer to give constructive feedback on the kayaks.

It's unfortunate that you felt this outcome was needed, but I applaud you for standing up for what you believe. Good luck to you, its kayak fishing and it's a great stress reliever. It would probably do us all some good to get on the water today. This is all I will say on the subject.

Take Care Jimmy
Matt you are correct, we all need to just get out on the water and put this behind us. I'm grateful for having the honor of being on the Pro Staffs, I guess I just wasn't fully ready for all of it.

Tony, thank you for having me.

I hope FeelFree does do well.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 07-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
wow youve been here all of what 10 mins?

No Dude Roundeye has been around for a long while. He signed up with those other dozen Trollers right after I came here back in early 2009. The problem with multiple personalities is it's hard to tell who's who. Jimmie, Jimmy, Jim. He knows he's here to mess with someone, I just think he's just honestly confused.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #31
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

you know, it still could be the "driest hatch out there". what front hatch out there keeps 100% of the water out? maybe Cobra with their flush hatches and 4-6 latches but any other tub and lid style hatch will leak.
hobies, malibus, ocean kayaks... they all do.

and fyi, some people ADD water to the hull.. gives a better FF reading
Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #32
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
you know, it still could be the "driest hatch out there". what front hatch out there keeps 100% of the water out? maybe Cobra with their flush hatches and 4-6 latches but any other tub and lid style hatch will leak.
hobies, malibus, ocean kayaks... they all do.

and fyi, some people ADD water to the hull.. gives a better FF reading
Stay outta this or I'm telling fishstick!

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #33
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Stay outta this or I'm telling fishstick!
dang it...

i need to go dry out the PA anyways.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #34
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Honesty, Integrity, and Loyalty.
Always and FOREVER!

Who would you want on your team?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN