Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
wade

San Diego Bay 04/04/13

- Capt Wade's Spotted Bass/Fishing Report 04/04/2013 -
25+ Spotted Bass yesterday on Z-Man's indestructible scented PaddlerZ
rigged on a silver Warbaits Slayer jighead in San Diego Bay..
Please Support Catch & Release.

Last edited by wade; 04-04-2013 at 02:41 PM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
janines.fishtales@cox.net

What a great day. It's what kayak fishing is all about.

janine
Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
blitzburgh

"Now if only my bass thumb was made out of elaztec" haha good one & nice video!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Baja_Traveler

Sweet! I'll be down in that location with the fly rod on Sunday...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

Cool video wade...it would be so much more awsome if you could get a little more excited like this guy...mike iaconelli...now that would really be awsome!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
JeffB

Nice, spots are always good way to have a little fun. It's nice to take a break from the surf launch and big paddle from LJ and other places.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
excellent video

Wade - wow so many spotties - very cool!!!
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
NOW that's what I'm talking about. If I could only do 25% of that on a fly I'd be a happy camper!
Congrats & props Wade.
FFY.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Hookalrg1
Junior

Sounds like a solid day on the water! I'm going to have to check out those lures you were throwing. Are they in local shops or just online?
Hookalrg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
MrPatrick

Z-Man shrimp

They also make a scented shrimp that just gets crushed in the bay. I use a pink/chartreuse last Saturday and never had to change it after 15+ fish. Then changed to a different color shrimp and caught 10 more before the wind blew out the fishing.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
HiLife619

Nice video Wade, Hey Wade I've read somewhere on a post that you have a structure scan alongside your ff...I was just wondering where you mounted that transducer for it?
HiLife619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #12
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
They also make a scented shrimp that just gets crushed in the bay. I use a pink/chartreuse last Saturday and never had to change it after 15+ fish. Then changed to a different color shrimp and caught 10 more before the wind blew out the fishing.
What? are you telling me that after spending $40 on big hammer plastics I now have to spend another $40 on Z-Man Plastic?
Raskal311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
wade

ELAZTECH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
I love pitching the segmented PaddlerZ swimbaits for everything, but Z-Man's ShrimpZ get slammed by rockfish too & we all know everything eats a prawn. All of their scented products are basted & infused with Pro-Cure Super Gel made from 100% real bait. The glow, new penny, holographic, houdini,& natural color are amazing ShrimpZ that really draw in strikes. I havent tried that Electric Chicken one yet..
I cant wait to use their CrawdadZ on some LMB next month. The ElaZtech properties that cause their lures to be buoyant, allow the crayfish's claws to lift up off the bottom mimicking the natural defense position precisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalrg1 View Post
Sounds like a solid day on the water! I'm going to have to check out those lures you were throwing. Are they in local shops or just online?
Tackle Warehouse is stocking the Scented PaddlerZ and so does Cabela's. Cabela's is also stocking the Scented Jerk ShadZ and Bass Pro's website is carrying the Scented ShrimpZ and Jerk ShadZ as well.Locally @ Anglers Tackle in Oceanside has a Z-Man account. They have some Z-Man Chatterbaits & Swimbaits currently. You might have to call them in advance to stock a specific Z-Man product & please do. California needs to know about Z-Man! Pats in Vista carries Z-Man/ also limited selection but they have an account and can get you whatever you seek from Z-Man's immense catalog for both Inshore & Offshore SaltWater plastics and lures & Fresh water tackle products for every possible fishing application. Online orders are possible also..If you see me OTW I will throw you a bag..
The Islander mothership trip in May is Co-sponsored by Z-Man, so look out for some ElaZtech goodies!
My C.K.F.S. Tournament series are also sponsored by Z-Man as well. Captains bags & placement in the top 5 gets you free ElaZtech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
What? are you telling me that after spending $40 on big hammer plastics I now have to spend another $40 on Z-Man Plastic?
Yes exactly.
You bought plastic..
Z-Man's proprietary formula called ElaZtech is unlike anything you have fished with. Its "10X Tough" & better than ANY competition for many reasonZ.
Just (1) bag of Z-Man will outlast any other manufacturers by 10X.
Z-Man's durometer is softer than the competitions also, allowing you more rigging possibilities and more solid hooksets after toothy hooksets without ever having to change baits.
So that same 40 bucks will get you more fish per ElaZtech bait than any plastic ever will..
(Fred Hall was running some amazing Z-Man promotions again this year..)
FYI- I also don't whore myself out there for Pro-Staff partnership from just any company who will accept me onto their team..
(That doesn't really show much for either interested party involved, now does it?....)
I will ONLY ride for a company whom I have personally, thoroughly & rigorously tested their products in the field and which have proven to be the most effective, highest quality gear available on the market today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLife619 View Post
Nice video Wade, Hey Wade I've read somewhere on a post that you have a structure scan alongside your ff...I was just wondering where you mounted that transducer for it?
Thanks man, Nope just the HDS 5 50/200. I have gone over the coastline so many times over the years that I have mapped out the bottom with my very own brain/bathymetry-algorithm-shaded-relief-structure-interpretation system.

Wade

ELAZTECH:
http://zmanfishing.com/cms/tech_elaztech.html
Plastic fishing baits have been around since you first went digging around in your granddad’s tackle box. You probably learned early on that soft plastic baits caught fish, but that you needed to buy a lot of them because they tore up easily when the fish were biting. Z-Man’s proprietary ElaZtech® material is the toughest soft plastic bait you will find on the market today—period. It stands up to the most aggressive fresh- and saltwater game fish, and remains fishable after several catches. ElaZtech is a remarkable material that is soft and pliable, and as much as 10X Tougher than other traditional soft plastic baits. ElaZtech resists nicks, cuts, and tears better than traditional soft plastic baits. No matter the quarry, ElaZtech soft fishing baits can handle it. These plastic fishing baits can withstand getting hammered time after time by aggressive largemouths, toothy barracudas, and anything else you can get to bite.

A plastic fishing bait is no good if fish can’t see it! Unlike other plastic fishing baits, ElaZtech is a naturally buoyant material that floats off the bottom and creates a more visible target. A more visible target means more strikes and more fish-catching opportunities. With traditional plastic fishing baits, this means going through a lot of soft plastics. ElaZtech baits, however, maintain their fishability despite all the abuse, and also boasts one of the highest fish-per-bait ratings in the industry. To top it off, ElaZtech, unlike most other soft fishing baits, is non-toxic and contains no PVC, Plastisol or Phthalates.

Word of ElaZtech is spreading like wildfire as these soft plastic baits gain traction along the tournament trails. Our new line of flipping & punching soft plastic baits puts ElaZtech to the test in the heaviest cover. Whether wood, grass mats, rock piles or dock posts, these plastic fishing baits can stand up to the flip, the bite and the fight. Rig it up and hook up again, and again ... And again. ElaZtech soft fishing baits don’t just stop at our CrawZ, StreakZ or WormZ. Our new Finesse ShadZ offer versatility not found in any other soft fishing bait. Its action on a drop shot is extremely lifelike because of its supreme buoyancy. And, if they stop eating the drop shot, simply rig it on a shaky head for a finesse rig that blows away any other soft fishing bait. It’s the perfect shad imitation in a durable and deadly package.

Last edited by wade; 04-08-2013 at 01:49 PM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
rogersmith

love the guy Harvey intro!
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
kobra

Way to go Wade. Another fun day at the playground.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
Hookalrg1
Junior

Thanks for the response Wade!
Hookalrg1 is offline   Reply With Quote