Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #61
ericko

Loudog of course open to everybody ... Its cool to meet new faces to the name and if you have a radio bring it so that you hear all the smack talking we give each other probably ch 69.
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #62
Loudog

So what are they biting on?
Loudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #63
ful-rac
Emperor

We normally drag lures around like the f5 f7 cd5 cd7 firetiger rapalas also j5 j7 rapalas, owner mirashads work good in pink, daiwa scshiners work well also. I also got a load of worms thanks to mr mccrawls here on bwe. You need some just ask.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #64
jruiz
Large Member

I usually fish in this order

1. Troll
2. Cast
3. Still fish
4. Steal fish

Then stick to what's working.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #65
Loudog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
We normally drag lures around like the f5 f7 cd5 cd7 firetiger rapalas also j5 j7 rapalas, owner mirashads work good in pink, daiwa scshiners work well also. I also got a load of worms thanks to mr mccrawls here on bwe. You need some just ask.

Cool Thanks! I need to pick up a few lures and some Power bait but I may hit you up on those worms. It looks like it may be a busy weekend there.... theres a Tournament.

I'll be in a dark green X-factor
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #66
Deamon

I'll go first. What a great trip. You guys are quite the characters...a bunch of omegas (thanks for that term Ed) who have joined up together as Team Sewer...

So I'm mostly cleaned up at home watching the Niners win and I start flossing my teeth. I'm saying to myself..."dang, I'm yanking out quite a few chunks that still have some flavor to them."
Let's see, the back molars, left side had the seafood...Seared Ahi x two (dinner and lunch)...Smoked Albacore (60 pounder)...Smoked Rainbow Trout...Halibut Ceviche...
The back molars, right side had some meat...Roby's double-double special with cados and all the other fixins...pork chops...no wait, I was so stuffed that I didn't eat one of Tony's juicy pork chops. Hmmm...then what was it? maybe the marinated beef short ribs...
Bottom row, front side had Quail and Italian Sausage (a for real, tasty sausage made by a real butcher)...
And I can't forget the top row, front teeth...baked potatos, explode in your mouth Eclairs and other shortbreads/cheesecake looking thingees, chips, salsa, potato salad...maybe (5) days worth of meals shoved into one long dinner and one lunch...!

I've also got to mention this public service announcement: if you ever need a slump buster lure...and you've got no shame in your game...not too proud to ask for it...you know, when you're languishing in one of those day's where everyone's catching multiple fish except you(me)? PM Matt and ask to borrow the slump buster. Yes, it is rainbow in color. This lure is sure to get inhaled. It's rigged with special treble hooks that will grab a gill and also nail the roof of a trout's mouth so well that any chump will end his or her cold streak...word.

Last edited by Deamon; 01-21-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #67
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

All I can say is..... Kids n Fishin'!! Having a great time!!!! P1000176.jpgarty : -RedSledTeam -ED
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #68
jruiz
Large Member

Happy Camper

Lineup on saturday morning was like being at the airport or amusement park on a holiday. Got to the site and Tony, Eric, and Jim were there while the redsledteam were just pulling away to get their day fishing day started.

Fishing was okay on Saturday and bad on Sunday. I believe we took home just under 30 trout as a group with some nice ones thrown in there. I don't have any on the water pics since I forgot my camera at the campsite or camping pictures since we were having so much fun or eating.

One of the best parts of the trip was the heckling on channel 69. I'm really disappointed my radio ran out of juice the day before. Jim already highlighted on the food, there's not much to add there besides my thanks to all the guys especially Tony.

Here's a couple of pictures of Ron's catch. Weighed in at 6.44lbs

Here's what I brought home

jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #69
jorluivil

These are the only pics I manged to get

Don't ask because I don't know.

Godzilla toasting his burger bread

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 01-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #70
ful-rac
Emperor

Team Sewer Irvine Camp trip was a success! Yeah we had food for days...that was the main attraction for sure! The fishing....definitely left a lot to be desired...but it was good food, good friends and cold beers and great weather.

Watching car after car get stuck in the mud...unstuck...then stuck again...was pure entertainment. We had a front row seat for it all...I guess having 4 wheel drive makes some people feel invincible...

To everyone that showed, thanks for coming hopefully we'll see you guys on the water again soon...and hopefully we'll put another fish and campout trip together...maybe in a different location...? we'll see.

Here are some pictures from the trip...I always wish I would take more pictures...but it seems I'm always busy doing something, mainly cook'n....

Fish Camp

Beachfront property

Beautiful weather

You have entered into the world of RON!!! HA! HA! HA!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Jim and Loudog

Matts Lunch: the polish special...

No wood burning campfires...here's plan B

Jims saturday night special

Porkchops

Kiss it!

OUTTA MY WAY KID!!!!

Not bad...but still smaller than Rons!!!

Jims catch of the day.....it only took 2 days...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #71
Loudog

It was cool to meeting up with you guys, next time I'll make plans to camp.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #72
Siebler

Oh now this is going to get confusing. A new Loudog to replace the one that has been MIA from Kayak fishing for some time (too busy killing predators and birds and such).

Looks like a fun trip, I liked Irvine a lot the one time I fished it for a PN tournament.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #73
Loudog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Oh now this is going to get confusing. A new Loudog to replace the one that has been MIA from Kayak fishing for some time (too busy killing predators and birds and such).

Looks like a fun trip, I liked Irvine a lot the one time I fished it for a PN tournament.
Yes I am the NEW Loudog..... But ya'll can also just call me Louie
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #74
Deamon

The best part of the trip was the strategy meeting discussed on Saturday night for next week's Dana Point fish-off. I couldn't believe how much detailed info was freely given out. But the Team Sewer guys asked me to cut in a song on top of the talk...sorry. Maybe a lip reader can grab something out of it...

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #75
Loudog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
The best part of the trip was the strategy meeting discussed on Saturday night for next week's Dana Point fish-off. I couldn't believe how much detailed info was freely given out. But the Team Sewer guys asked me to cut in a song on top of the talk...sorry. Maybe a lip reader can grab something out of it...

Nice Job Jim, and congrats on that fish.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #76
ericko

So the fishing was slow. but the company and food made up for it. Jada and i had a blast...and jada wants to know when were fishing with jim again you made her trip..... and its no longer tony pork chop its tony can i have some more spicy tuna please....

see you all this coming sunday at dana.
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #77
StinkyMatt

Eating seared ahi until you hurt, following that with some apple pie and a mixed drink of choice.....

Man, fishing and camping life is soooo hard.

It's great fishing with all the knuckleheads.

Big thanks to Tony. The guy shows up early, brings most of the stuff, cooks much of the time, cleans the dishes and warms you up at night in your tent. (ask Ron)

Thank you Tony

Next week: Dana Point.......
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #78
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Here are some more pictures:
Roman with his "game-face" on....
.P1000170.jpg
Rolan "out-shining" Matt...P1000183.jpg
Lets go fishin' Daddeo!!P1000190.jpg
Big Fish Number 2...P1000199.jpg
The "Deamon's" finally hooked up! P1000205.jpg
Roman showing his "Freckles"...P1000219.jpgP1000220.jpg

On the water shot of the camping area and "off-road arena" for mini-coopers!P1000211.jpg
Great weather, great food, great friends, good fishing. Thanks for putting this on Tony and everyone else....(you know who you are!)It was great to meet and fish with y'all!
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #79
roby
CEO of Team Roby

There were lots of laughs and fun. I can't wait to do it again next year....

Thanks for putting in all the effort and time Tony. Tell Godzilla thanks too...
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #80
jorluivil

Another Irvine Lake mishap

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote