Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
theluckypig

i used a tank that size with about the same setup and i could not keep a kayak scoop of sardines alive... about half the scoop always died... a few squid and macs were not a problem...
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
NextBite

Anyone wanna make a homemade bait tank
NextBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
tehburninator

There are holes in the crate and ive positioned it so the tube feeds through that hole and into the fitting with just a small bit of pressure on the tube to keep it from nudging.

Purchased my battery just moments ago from cj(thanks) and a lid(not gamma) so I'll be back in the workshop tonight.

As far as the case goes, I don't plan on taking the battery out of it ever, even for charging, so it'll be sealed shut with sealant, I chose the cheap clear case because I wanted to make sure I could see inside

The crimps are going to be heated, then liquid electrical tape applied to close it up

What else we got keep em coming i am loving all the advice!!! Let me know if my thinking is incorrect in anyway as well please
tehburninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #24
tehburninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckypig View Post
i used a tank that size with about the same setup and i could not keep a kayak scoop of sardines alive... about half the scoop always died... a few squid and macs were not a problem...
Why do you think the whole scoop died? Not enough room in the tank? , Or too much water running through it? if that's the case I'm bring the sabiki along and test it out in the bay next outting > also I know mission bay seaforth sells 8 bucks for a dozen of whatever the bait barge has too might opt for that to try and keep the bait alive
Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
theluckypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehburninator View Post
Why do you think the whole scoop died? Not enough room in the tank? , Or too much water running through it? if that's the case I'm bring the sabiki along and test it out in the bay next outting > also I know mission bay seaforth sells 8 bucks for a dozen of whatever the bait barge has too might opt for that to try and keep the bait alive
i think i had too many sardines in a tank that size. i probably had more than 2 dozen... a dozen might work though?
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #26
tehburninator

Well I'll know within the next week I think. Also. Tested out the pump today with water. No leaks with the quick disconnect style I did .

However your all right. I am over flowing. Will put a bigger drain in place sometime before the weekend with a screen and two extra holes
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #27
GregAndrew

You should point the 90 deg. elbow inside the tank the other direction. Water in the Northern hemisphere more naturally spins clockwise.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #28
tehburninator

Actually I think the latter is true. Water in the northern hemisphere goes counterclockwise and in the south clockwise
Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #29
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
You should point the 90 deg. elbow inside the tank the other direction. Water in the Northern hemisphere more naturally spins clockwise.
Quote:
Actually I think the latter is true. Water in the northern hemisphere goes counterclockwise and in the south clockwise
Well, the obvious solution is to only make left turns when you're in the water.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #30
tehburninator

if i do that, does that make me paddle faster?! if so i am doing it right off the launch!

watch how far i go fast!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #31
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
I just flushed my toilet 54 times, I can confirm that his statement is true.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #32
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Well, the obvious solution is to only make left turns when you're in the water.
I love Nascar racing ....go fast turn left....
Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #33
tehburninator

you guys are hilarious... i wish my gf was as funny
Old 09-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #34
GregAndrew

Quote:
Put some water in your tank and use a stick to spin it around. You will notice a considerable difference in the slow-down between the two directions. Or just fill up your sink and let it drain to watch the direction of the whirlpool in the middle.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #35
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Osnt anyone gonna say anyhting about him pumping water from the bottom of the tank? I think bus kid was the one who told me to give the water from the top?
Biggameaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #36
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggameaddict View Post
Osnt anyone gonna say anyhting about him pumping water from the bottom of the tank? I think bus kid was the one who told me to give the water from the top?
Someone did and advised him to put a check valve.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #37
tehburninator

ok doke.. so just a little update without pictures... got pretty much everything i needed tuesday night put it all together to find out that everyone was absolutly on point about the drain. so i went out last night buy a bigger fitting. installed it. no more issues with overflowing. got a "flat hose" to save weight and make it more convinient to put away. when not in use.

put a screen in to keep the feesh inside. just need to finish up final wiring and sealing of the wires and if not this weekend, i'll be out next weekend testing out the bait survivability and how many feesh i can catch

hopefully, with the FF now with new batteries, and the bait tank running and a sabiki if i dont buy bait... i should have some fun pics to post