Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #21
Dirty Curti

Dude, you are a hero and and a good friend. We should have more people like you on the beach always.

Karma & Cudos points coming your way!

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

That's some serious bonus kharma there.

That should be enough to get you more bikini shots.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #23
byounghusband
Junior

X2 on the Bolt Cutter... Way to take on for the, uh..... Team!!
Sounds like standing in the surf is like driving on the Freeway... "Cover me, I'm gonna land on the beach..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
These will do the job

8" mini bolt cutters=

Don't leave home with out them!
(although I rarely bring them on the water, they will cut that hook like butter)
Old 08-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #24
Drake

Those are pretty much identical to the ones they used, except they were silver and in a sterile packaging.

So far the finger is fine, hardly noticed it happened.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #25
JeffB

A wise man told me the samething

I know the feeling. Last Sunday I was trying to help out this guy with a shark he had caught, about a 5' soupfin. Oh, that guy was you! Well at the time being I had a hold of the shark's tail and trying to get kelp off of the line. At some point in time I felt a pressure below my right hand, about the same time I felt a pressure, you said "I think I hooked him in the tail"! My reply, "yeah I think the hook is in my hand". Your reply, "I have on an iron"!!! "Damn" was one of few select words processing through my mind, oh and the fact I need to either get the hook out of the shark or me in a hurry. After about a minute the hook finally ripped out. At first it was just a big hole with worm looking things at the base of it , then came the blood ...

Once I landed at the shores, went straight to the VA hospital and spent 7 1/2hrs in the emergency room waiting to get stitched up. Stuck got broken into Wed, so yes you and my buddy are correct. "No good deed goes unpunished"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hand.jpg (28.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #26
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
I know the feeling. Last Sunday I was trying to help out this guy with a shark he had caught, about a 5' soupfin. Oh, that guy was you! Well at the time being I had a hold of the shark's tail and trying to get kelp off of the line. At some point in time I felt a pressure below my right hand, about the same time I felt a pressure, you said "I think I hooked him in the tail"! My reply, "yeah I think the hook is in my hand". Your reply, "I have on an iron"!!! "Damn" was one of few select words processing through my mind, oh and the fact I need to either get the hook out of the shark or me in a hurry. After about a minute the hook finally ripped out. At first it was just a big hole with worm looking things at the base of it , then came the blood ...

Once I landed at the shores, went straight to the VA hospital and spent 7 1/2hrs in the emergency room waiting to get stitched up. Stuck got broken into Wed, so yes you and my buddy are correct. "No good deed goes unpunished"!

You have no idea how funny this is to me. Not because you got a hook in you....

but because while I was at the VA hospital a nurse guy said to me

"You're my second Kayak fishing accident in two days"

He told me that the guy he had Sunday was helping to get the hook out of a shark.

He cracked up laughing when I told him that it was MY SHARK! He told me I need to stop hooking everything around me.

Sorry again about what happened.

Last edited by Drake; 08-31-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #27
TheBentRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
You have no idea how funny this is to me. Not because you got a hook in you....

but because while I was at the VA hospital a nurse guy said to me

"You're my second Kayak fishing accident in two days"

He told me that the guy he had Sunday was helping to get the hook out of a shark.

He cracked up laughing when I told him that it was MY SHARK! He told me I need to stop hooking everything around me.

Sorry again about what happened.
This is like tag your it. Be careful around these guys for a while. Or maybe the guy who hooked you is next.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #28
StinkyMatt

Drake, post up where you're fishing next so we can avoid the area........

Better idea: Pointless hooks!

StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote