Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #21
Devildawgjj
Kayak BOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Dude......thats the guy from law and order: special victims unit.

Nuff said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingthebigone View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, so what if I live in hillcrest it's a beautiful town with cultured people. And what wrong with my profile pic it's me my wife took it and I think it shows me in my relaxed element. I don't say anything about some of the interesting photos others have... The guy I met at the oex store in mission beach told me this was a welcoming group of salty fisherman so far the comments have been funny but hurtful.

Beautiful town, cultured people in Hillcrest.....Subjective!

Your pseudo-homo inuendos (like your monkier) say otherwise!!

I can be welcoming, but you have to understand that there is a certain dynamic that takes place in forums. And if you have been "lurking" for a while, then you failed to understand the "culture" that takes place in BWE.
Devildawgjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #22
echo1er

so yeah...

back on topic. You could use anything for a bait tank / live well. Its a project with in itself. You could make your own bait tank. What some guys do or just.
But know that when building learn from others mistakes.

What type of pump your getting, battery type, life of the battery, tube length, strapping it down to kayak, additional rod holder, wiring the battery to the the pump tank and switch. Much comes into play.

And instead of dragging a bucket around you have it on you. So you don't get caught on anything. Your line, and would never make it in the kelp beds.
echo1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
tagyak

is a bait tank over kill?

do you really need a mobile phone? why not just find a pay phone when you want to make a call? or just check your messages when you get home on your home answering machine?

so a bait tank is like a mobile phone, we all have them for convenience and to a degree has become a necessity. your question is why not just drop a bucket every once in while? i think you can answer that for yourself, but for the most of us here we rather have that little bit of comfort and luxury of not having to drop that bucket over the side "every once in awhile".

tight lines
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
TheBentRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Dude......thats the guy from law and order: special victims unit.

Exactly!
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #25
richard67b

HAVE ONE ON MAY F N D ITS SLOW BUT THE TANK NICE GO FISHING
richard67b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #26
maui jim

I built one for friend, but he quit, so I got a 5gal kibble with 360 pump and rocker switch, with rod holders and handels all stainless hardware with eyepads and bungees....just need battery...PM me if interested
Old 02-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
maui jim

Where the hell is Hillcrest.......
Old 02-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #28
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
Where the hell is Hillcrest.......
San Diego
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #29
buttchaser
Float Tuber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak805 View Post
Yeah I have a yellow bucket full of holes and it's a pain to drag it and out of a kayak. But I think I've got too many accessories already on m kayak and I'm losing the pleasure of simplicity. Plus the more stuff on my kayak I have the more paranoid I get in punching (or capsizing) through the surf.
A bait tank comes in handy in so many ways depending on how you fish .
I usually bring my Bait tank out most of the time especially while fishing for halibut ....It's nice to have . When not in use , It serves well as rod holders and it works as a ice chest for my cold drinks
I use them all depending on where , and what I'm fishing for .... I prefer the bait tube over the bucket because it' doesn't slow you down while paddling , The bait bucket will work, But I find it more of a hassle to deal with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg June132011.jpg (58.0 KB, 39 views)
buttchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #30
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttchaser View Post
A bait tank comes in handy in so many ways depending on how you fish .
I usually bring my Bait tank out most of the time especially while fishing for halibut ....It's nice to have . When not in use , It serves well as rod holders and it works as a ice chest for my cold drinks
I use them all depending on where , and what I'm fishing for .... I prefer the bait tube over the bucket because it' doesn't slow you down while paddling , The bait bucket will work, But I find it more of a hassle to deal with.
But the bucket obviously doubles as an awesome pillow!

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #31
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
I built one for friend, but he quit, so I got a 5gal kibble with 360 pump and rocker switch, with rod holders and handels all stainless hardware with eyepads and bungees....just need battery...PM me if interested
Says you are not allowed to recieve pm's??? Interested in bait system if he doesn't take you up in the offer

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote