Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
jorluivil

On a Serious Note

This is mostly for the newbs but I'm sure in a way it would apply to all kayakers regardless of your skill level.

I talk to Matt, Tony & Roby almost on a daily basis, we bullshit about the threads, the comments, the fishing(or lack there of for me), trips(past and future), tackle and our family life but yesterday while I was on the phone a serious issue came up regarding the 'hot bite'.

Again, this will apply mostly to the newbs but........

Don't get over your head just to catch a fish, its not worth it. Launching at night, launching in unknown grounds, fishing alone, not being prepared can not only be dangerous but it can be fatal. Don't put yourself in a position that will compromise your safety or life, its not worth any WSB, YT or Hali.

During one of my recent trips I had the privilege of fishing with John aka Buttchaser, we spent so much time bullshitting about the areas we grew up in around the East LA/Boyle Heights area, the gangs, the shit we saw as kids and then we talked about wipe outs. He mentioned someone had recently broken a collar bone while surf landing the same area and a week before that I was told about someone that twisted an ankle and had to be helped with his gear, this also happened during a surf landing. Look at Tjones recent post and you'll get a general idea about what can happen. Again, what we do is supposed to be fun but it can also be downright dangerous. I also know of a very experienced kayaker that has been tossed several times during his most recent launches and landings. Again, this guy is very experienced yet he still suffered some loses, mostly monetary.

Some of us know of a particular incident that happened last year, it was so bad that it was never brought up on any boards, I'm sure someday it willl but its hush hush for now. Anyway, again......stay safe, don't get desperate, the fish will be there next week, next month and next year. Find someone that knows the area, do your research, crawl before you walk and have fun...................Your life is NOT worth a fish.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote