Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Mission Bay, 6-5-15

I've been off the water for the last 2 months due to an injury. I decided I was fishing this week, damaged or not. Landwhale and I launched at about 6:30 from the ramp back by De Anza Cove. We headed straight for the bowling pin. Winds were a light side shore with lots of clouds. Pretty close to cold out too. Water was about 68º and dirty.

The first hour was rather boring with only a few bites. Then things picked up and I started catching some fish. Steve not so much. This lasted a while, then we were both catching. Then Steve was and me not so much. This was all done on the outside of the bowling pin. We finished the day with a long ass drift from the pin to the very north end of Fiesta Island. Not too much catching on that drift, but didn't feel like paddling back (it's amazing how out of shape my shoulders are after a mere 2 months). We were back at the ramp about 11:00. Finished the morning with 19 short bass, 1 maybe legal butt, and 3 legal spotties.

Hot setups for me were the 5" Paddlerz in Root Beer Gold Flake on a Burnt Slayer head and 4" Paddlerz in Smokey Shad on a silver Slayer head. I fished some other stuff too, but almost everything came on those 2 baits. Hot Sauce for flavor of course.

Having not fished or hung out with Steve in 2 months it was really good to be back on the water with him.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
landwhale

It was good being back in Mission Bay fishing with Ed again other than the time of day we caught our fish the numbers were identical 19 short 3 legal spotted bay bass and a nice halibut

My baits were 5 inch paddlez in Redbone 4 inch Sexy Shad and Houdini paddlez dipped in Uni Butter.

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote