Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
YakMedic

"I was shot in the head in Iraq, I'm learning to walk, talk and kayak fish"

"I was shot in the head in Iraq, I'm learning to walk, talk and kayak fish"- Eric

This statement was made at Heroes on the Water's latest event we hosted on August 23rd 2014 by one of the disabled vets that came out to participate. We took out 14 disabled vets and a few family members for a day of kayak fishing from Tidelands Park on Coronado Island.

Why am I posting this in the general forum and not the HOW sub forum? Because HOW needs your help, and many of the BWE members may not be seeing the posts made in the HOW forum.

Heroes on the Water is entirely volunteer ran and donation funded. For those of you that may not want or are unable to volunteer you can help by fishing. OEX is hosting a tournament that benefits the San Diego chapter of HOW and quite frankly the support is dismal. Please sign up for the tournament, your $25 entry is enough to take out one disabled vet for one day.
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=22866

We are in dire need for volunteers that are willing to come out and help at future events and those with greater interest we are expanding our leadership team and need a handful of people to join the ranks. You do not need to be a veteran to help out, just be willing to honor our vets who have made their sacrifice for our freedoms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg how fish.jpg (49.4 KB, 234 views)
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Let's rally the troops

My inspiration is my father, even though I was just a kid I knew that he struggled day to day after returning from 2 tours of Vietnam and found huge comfort and some peace in fishing. Proud to contribute in any way possible!

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=22866
Old 08-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
If we all contribute a little, together we will be a lot of help and support to our Veterans.

Just recieved this pm from one of our newer BWE members, he joined in July.

what you are doing sounds great and i would love to join and help with the how project. im turning 17 next month and am available most weekends to help. Ive had my own Hobie for 1 month now and havent been able to take it out yet but that should change this weekend. let me know any way i can help. you can contact me through big waters edge,.......

With each of us doing what we can our Veterans win.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
joezee1986

My cousins are military grandpa served in nam.....count me in for help whenever !!! Say the word bob ...
joezee1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by joezee1986 View Post
My cousins are military grandpa served in nam.....count me in for help whenever !!! Say the word bob ...
WORD, I too served in Nam. I sent you an invitaton to join Friends of HOW, that will put in that database of helpers/mentors for future HOW events. Thank you.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #6
easyday

This is why i love the HOW program. They helped me and helped get me into kayak fishing after i got hurt, and now I am completely addicted. I help out when i can just wish i could help out more.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #7
rhyak

Signed up but will not be able to attend the event, Just wanted to donate to HOW... Keep up the work down there guys...

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote