Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2021, 04:58 PM   #1
Afran_Abutin
Junior

Warbaits upcoming Cedros Island Kayak trip

We are headed back to a Cedros Island!
Date Aug 2-6.
5 day adventure / 3.5days of Kayak fishing.
CEDROS KAYAK FISHING CHARTERS

https://cedrosislandfishingcharters.com

We have 3 open spots for our Aug trip. I’m looking for kayak enthusiast and what better place than BWE. I want to have people in the direct community verse an open call on FB or somewhere else.

We will be kayak fishing Cedros Island, a few direct remote locations, Benito’s Island and possibly Isla Natividad. We will be targeting anything that bites, but mainly Yellowtail, Calico Bass and grouper.

If you’re interested, I can answer any questions through this post, email me, private message or Instagram DM. Or contact Cedros Kayak Fishing direct.

I have a Cedros playlist on our Warbaits YouTube Channel if you want to see previous trips.

https://youtube.com/c/WARBAITS

Thanks for considering
Afran
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1815.jpg (86.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1817.jpg (94.5 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by Afran_Abutin; 06-10-2021 at 08:48 AM.
Afran_Abutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #2
Mahigeer

I have been to Cedros twice with Jose's outfit.

Once with Stoked on Fishing crew.

I have posts here, if you like to look at them.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...sland+mahigeer

What is the package include, cost, etc.

If you prefer to send a PM, that is fine too.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:41 AM   #3
Afran_Abutin
Junior

We will fishing from (6) newer Hobie Outbacks.
We plan to do mothership trips from their available two pangas. So the pangas take us to a remote area and we drop the kayaks in.

Note: the island has not had guests since 2019. That’s a full year off from fishing pressure. We are hoping for incredible fishing.

*I have another account on BWE but forgot the password, so I made this account.

Let’s fish!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:45 AM   #4
stevie951
Lurker

Chance of a lifetime

I was lucky enough to get down there in August 2019... Trip of a lifetime.. Quite pricey but worth every saved penny..

Jeff had the outfit set up to where we left out of French Valley Airport in Wildomar though instead of the pedestrian crossing.. I imagine that will cut some of the costs..

Great outfit and great crew.. They put you on the fish after breakfast, all you can tug 20 lb models and larger on the YT absolute best Kayak fishing I have ever experienced.. You can choose to stay on the Pangas or get mothershipped on their newer model hobies fully stocked ( no need for live bait as irons do the trick ) but if you prefer, they will load you up a Hobie XL livewell, throw some ice in there and your cervesas will be nice y frio all day!! Crew loads EVERYTHING even your belongings upon arrival, no need to lift a finger so bring extra cash for tip

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:53 AM   #5
stevie951
Lurker

Met at French Valley Airport @ around 0600, had to stop over in Mexicali for Border crossing documents, Landed @ Cedros by 0900, had breakfast and were in the Pangas by 10AM! Limits and Noodle arms by the first Half day This first day just to get OTW as quick as possible we decided to Panga Fish and just slayed them! Sight Casting at Yellow Tail is one thing you will never forget...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (49.5 KB, 87 views)

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
Old 06-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
Afran_Abutin
Junior

Thanks for the report Stevie. Very cool you got to fish with Morgan. We are hoping for a great trip.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #7
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afran_Abutin View Post
Thanks for the report Stevie. Very cool you got to fish with Morgan. We are hoping for a great trip.

Morgan is one hell of a fisherman, by FAR the most talented and knowledgeable I have ever come across yet had the pleasure to fish with... Shared more than a few pointers, and fishy pieces of tackle... Shoot if you come across him ask him about the day we tried for Benitos... Talk about Nautical.. Pangas loaded, us in full rain gear LOL BUT we turned back, and slayed the Yellows for limits that day right outside the harbor and a little beyond and actually got to Isla B one of the last days weather and crew permitting Great white shark in the 400+ pound range being schooled on by 500+ Yellows.. The shark swimming along in the shallows about 30 feet in 60 feet of water practically full visibility.. Apparently in defense of their territory YT can and will school on the greats like this so they cant eat, they eventually die cause the yellows school on them for that long of a time bumping and badgering them while driving off all food sources.. this was per the crew... Just crazy to witness along with countless other things you never see.. My go pro dunked the 2nd to last day so I lost everything that wasn't on my phone.. Oh well,, gotta do it again I guess :P

Hope you guys slay them and run into those elusive Hoo

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13

Last edited by stevie951; 06-10-2021 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:10 PM   #8
stevie951
Lurker

found some youtube footage.. our day there was quite a few more YT and they were for sure more centered on the mass of the shark and greater visibilty.. for sure YT not YFT as the one video portrays but Pretty wild... crazy experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHCWIVZTwvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOmV20Nw1hU
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-06-10 9.02.51 PM.jpg (18.7 KB, 73 views)

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
Old 06-12-2021, 07:00 AM   #9
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
found some youtube footage.. our day there was quite a few more YT and they were for sure more centered on the mass of the shark and greater visibilty.. for sure YT not YFT as the one video portrays but Pretty wild... crazy experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHCWIVZTwvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOmV20Nw1hU
Never seen that -- Awesome!
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Never seen that -- Awesome!
X2. Now I have an even greater admiration of Yellowtail. That is awesome. Collectively taking care of the local bully.