Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

late post long beach lobsters

fished for halis in the morning. landed 2 legals near belmont pier.
fished for bugs when it got dark. 16 legals and 20+ shorts in 4 hours. the biggest 2 females were released to repopulate.

on a side note. got back on land and started to rip the tails off. the coast guard yanked their boat out of the water, came up to us, and asked what we were doing. we told them that we're only keeping the tails. we also asked if we could throw the heads in the ocean so fish can eat it and it isn't wasted... coast guards said "shit! i'll take them home and make some soup!" nice to now that the heads are going to be used. they have alot of meat in them.

1st pic is one of our med bugs next to a big 7-8lb female.
2nd pic is our total score of legals (we tossed back 2 after we took the pic)

Old 12-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Are you trolling for a reaction here or are you serious....

You cant tail your lobsters at the ramp...thats just a little bit illegal....obvious the coast guard guys didnt know.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Don't worry about Tony. He's just jealous...
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

I'm sorry Tony, I guess the parking lot of the launch ramp doesn't count as the shore huh. Damn, I need to read my regulations. Good thing you know the rules!

Next time, you should probably try and Google something to make sure you're right before you post a reply. Or else you might get some boater upset. Then he'll see you at the sewer and test how well you can keep your PA upright when he throws some wakes.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
crazywakeboarder

For info this is directly from the CA department of fish and game page 50 of their online booklet found here:
https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...22&inline=true

I've highlighted the section that applies for anyone to interpret in their own way

Congrats on the haul. If you ever have an open spot on your boat, I'll gladly pitch in for fuel and parking at the launch

Last edited by crazywakeboarder; 12-08-2014 at 10:31 PM.
crazywakeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
King Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywakeboarder View Post
For info this is directly from the CA department of fish and game page 50 of their online booklet found here:
https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...22&inline=true

I've highlighted the section that applies for anyone to interpret in their own way

Man that's a broad description. It should really be more specific.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:44 AM   #7
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentek9 View Post
I'm sorry Tony, I guess the parking lot of the launch ramp doesn't count as the shore huh. Damn, I need to read my regulations. Good thing you know the rules!

Next time, you should probably try and Google something to make sure you're right before you post a reply. Or else you might get some boater upset. Then he'll see you at the sewer and test how well you can keep your PA upright when he throws some wakes.

😮

Even if this is not true (which it looks like it is) it's still funny 😁
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:15 AM   #8
blitzburgh

Nice haul!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #9
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
😮

Even if this is not true (which it looks like it is) it's still funny 😁

Funny how brandon...
Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 AM   #10
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:

That little hooping booklet that says its legal to tail lobsters on shore or launch ramp is wrong. If you want to continue to do so, go right ahead. When you get caught you can try to explain to the dfg officer that its legal and you read the "rules" in this book. Trust me you will get a ticket.

Oooh did i upset you are you threatening me?
Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #11
jorluivil

Quote:

Why would you openly threaten someone that is trying to keep help you out? I won't bother checking Google but I'm sure that your comments could be considered assault. The next time someone gives you advise or says you're doing something wrong question that persons knowledge before you go and threaten them..................that sh*t is not cool.

P.S.
I fish with Tony 99% of the time so if that boater decides to cause a wake that flips us I can assure you that he'll also be dealing with me. That is not a threat, its a fact.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 12-09-2014 at 09:34 AM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #12
jruiz
Large Member

Last edited by lambadmin; 12-11-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: no name calling
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #13
tamddo714

(_)_)lllllD
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #14
oneyedeer

It's a joke guys lighten up. Vincent is squared away.
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #15
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Quote:

Which part is the joke? I don't see it...

There are three topics where Tony is an expert:

1) Fishing/Hooping Regulations
2) Fishing Rigs & Knots
3) Food

There are three topics where Tony is not an expert:

1) Dieting
2) Spelling Bonito
3) Anything that concerns a women's body
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
carbonbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Are you trolling for a reaction here or are you serious....

You cant tail your lobsters at the ramp...thats just a little bit illegal....obvious the coast guard guys didnt know.
Honestly I think it is funny Tony starts with this comment and then people say "Tony wasn't trying to bash you just help" when he says trolling for a reaction and then asks if Vince is serious. Are you DFG tony? Are you blind? Those lobsters are clearly legal so why do you care if he tails them in the parking lot, keep it to yourself man. Its obvious Vince has some integrity and conservation if he points out he released the 2 largest females for reproduction, and yet Tony still feels the need to help! (police) the post. If Vince wants to risk getting caught in the parking lot why does it matter to you?
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #17
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
Honestly I think it is funny Tony starts with this comment and then people say "Tony wasn't trying to bash you just help" when he says trolling for a reaction and then asks if Vince is serious. Are you DFG tony? Are you blind? Those lobsters are clearly legal so why do you care if he tails them in the parking lot, keep it to yourself man. Its obvious Vince has some integrity and conservation if he points out he released the 2 largest females for reproduction, and yet Tony still feels the need to help! (police) the post. If Vince wants to risk getting caught in the parking lot why does it matter to you?

I thought we were past this one...

Wow aren't we excited today! So you ask why does it matter to me? He clearly did something that was illegal, and it needed to be pointed out. Otherwise, others would also do the same, and unknowingly get busted. Looks like he made an honest mistake, we all do sometimes. We all should be following the rules, like em or not. If we stop following the rules then that makes our community look bad. It only takes a few guys to screw it up for all of us.

Chill out man, no reason to get hostile
Old 12-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #18
Saba Slayer

Help

"He clearly did something that was illegal, and it needed to be pointed out. Otherwise, others would also do the same, and unknowingly get busted. Looks like he made an honest mistake, we all do sometimes."
Good intelligent answer Tony...sometimes it just doesn't pay to be the nice guy and try to help!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #19
captnblood34

Attached Images

captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:30 PM   #20
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
If Vince wants to risk getting caught in the parking lot why does it matter to you?
I don't think it matters, its the principal.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote