Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Double R
Junior

Inflatable Hobie

Hi All. Been reading and following this site for sometime. Love to fish and the Kayak looks like it will work for me. My problem is I can't carry a 12ft hard shell Kayak on my 5th wheel. Been looking at the Hobie 12 inflatable. It will fold up and I can carry it in my truck. My concern is I don't see any on the forum using one. I need some input from the ones out and about on the water. Not a sales person. Need to know if it can take the hard core fishing not just paddling around the harbor.

Double R
Double R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
MrM

I can't think of anyone on here who uses one, to be honest. I wouldn't trust an inflatable on the open water. I figure, if I punture a hole in it, it's going to the bottom. It offers very little protection from any seals or sealions... or sharks.

I don't even want to know what would happen if I dropped my gaff into the side on accident.

Do you have any pictures of your truck? I'm sure we could collectively come up with something that would work.

Oh, and welcome!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
YakMedic

Here is a previous thread on this exact subject. Hypoxic1 has an inflatable and he has input in the thread that I would listen to.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ght=inflatable
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Double R
Junior

Thanks for responding so fast. Truck not a prob-1ton crew duel. Prob is the 35ft fifth wheel not a toy box. It would have to be put on the roof which is already 13.2ft tall. And the one Kayak I would like is pretty heavy. The Hobie 12F fishing machine. Has to have peddles, shoulders shot after 35years of automatic trans work. But I won't give up Kayak fishing looks way cool. Side note I don't see any reports from Ventua, Malibu area.
Double R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
Thanks for responding so fast. Truck not a prob-1ton crew duel. Prob is the 35ft fifth wheel not a toy box. It would have to be put on the roof which is already 13.2ft tall. And the one Kayak I would like is pretty heavy. The Hobie 12F fishing machine. Has to have peddles, shoulders shot after 35years of automatic trans work. But I won't give up Kayak fishing looks way cool. Side note I don't see any reports from Ventua, Malibu area.
welcome to BWE

just a few examples none are mine

20100822_DeadmanLk-Nabesna_1292.jpg

DSCI0060.jpg

front-hitch-mount.jpg

MyRig-1.jpg

rack1.jpg

rack3.jpg

side-728207.jpg

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote