Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 10-07-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
MauderPocker
Junior

F/S 2016 Hobie PA 14 (Loaded)

I’m selling my 2016 Hobie PA 14 and Malone Microsport Trailer.

Includes the following:

2016 Hobie PA 14 with standard turbo fin setup.
2016 Malone Microsport galvanized trailer, retractable tongue, and spare tire.
Hobie Livewell XL
Hobie Adjustable H-Bar
Hobie trax 2-30 cart
Lowrance X5 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter
Hobie trailerable cover
Hobie drybag
Hobie rod leashes (4)
Hobie Mirage drive leash
Hobie coil paddle leash
Hobie anchor trolley
Hobie gear keeper Lg (2)
Hobie dual steering handles
Hobie H-Rail Tackle Bin
Hobie Safety Flag Lighted
Hobie H-Rail adjustable rod holder
Hobie Rod holder extenders (2)
Hobie Anchor Kit
LRS Bilge pump

The kayak was used 8 times and meticulously maintained. I’d like to sell it as a complete package. I have all receipts present, over $7600 invested.

Asking 5K

-Jay
PHP Code:
[HTML][CODE][QUOTE][/QUOTE][/CODE][/HTML
MauderPocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
MauderPocker
Junior

This post has had quite a few views, and no comments or offers, please forgive me guys I have been away from kayak fishing for quite some time. Is my asking price off the map?

I am open to any feed back or offers. I just want to give and receive a fair offer.

Thanks guys, Jay
Old 10-09-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
FoodGeekFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauderPocker View Post
This post has had quite a few views, and no comments or offers, please forgive me guys I have been away from kayak fishing for quite some time. Is my asking price off the map?

I am open to any feed back or offers. I just want to give and receive a fair offer.

Thanks guys, Jay
Your numbers don't seem all that unusual, given all that's included and the current limited supply of Hobies (and kayaks in general). A couple things that might be limiting appeal:

1: Lack of 180 drive. It's unusual to see a Hobie less than 5 years old selling without one recently. This is probably a minor factor.

2: Included trailer. This limits your buyer pool to individuals with a tow capable vehicle who want to deal with a trailer. Suspect that's the biggest issue. Splitting the trailer out separately might help, but you may end up stuck with a trailer, too.
FoodGeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #4
TJones

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodGeekFish View Post
Your numbers don't seem all that unusual, given all that's included and the current limited supply of Hobies (and kayaks in general). A couple things that might be limiting appeal:

1: Lack of 180 drive. It's unusual to see a Hobie less than 5 years old selling without one recently. This is probably a minor factor.

2: Included trailer. This limits your buyer pool to individuals with a tow capable vehicle who want to deal with a trailer. Suspect that's the biggest issue. Splitting the trailer out separately might help, but you may end up stuck with a trailer, too.
Part out if possible, part out with fewer items to bring the price point to a certain range. Right now it is a sellers market because the lack of new stock, but the majority or people are in bad shape financially or skeptical about buying unnecessary "toys". Like mentioned, people are looking for 1 year newer model preferably because of the drive upgrade. Check with local dealers about buying you kayak as an option. Because of the lack of inventory, you might be surprised what they offer. Good luck with sale.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #5
TJones

Let me know if you want to part out?

You should have no problem selling tank, and wheels separately. That might bring the adjusted price to what used buyers can afford. Definitely part out the trailer. You'll have a very difficult time moving them combined. JMO. IF the yak was a newer model, serious shoppers would have no issue coming up with a high price point.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:09 PM   #6
MauderPocker
Junior

Thanks for the input guys!

So if I were to break up the trailer from the package, what do you guys think the trailer is worth currently? I have the receipt here showing that the trailer was $1597.00 with the spare tire option, I also opted for the retractable tongue option which was $159.00. I added a swing away trailer jack, maybe $50.00?

What seams like a fair price for said trailer?

Like I mentioned previously, I would like to get a fair market price, I don’t want to gouge anyone, just have two happy parties in the end. I have been a member for quite some time here (though never posted) I just had my first child and could use the money else where.

Thanks for your time and input guys!

-Jay
Old 10-11-2020, 05:14 AM   #7
TJones

Do some research

Someone was recently selling a trailer very similar to yours. Check his add and pricing it comparably would be a good starting point. Let me know if you can't find the post. Also best to not openly discuss your price points on the forum. Buyers are generally gonna try and low ball you. Pm if you need some suggestions or help. I can give you some ideas of what I have been seeing through the summer posts as a generally starting point. Also keep searching criagslist as a reference point for your price listing. Good luck with sale. By the way, I would concentrate on selling the kayak while the market is still in your advantage. The trailer you can move later. Keep in mind that the trailer is a specialty item. It will require a particular buyer. The deal will have to be alluring for the buyer to be interested. JMO.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:49 PM   #8
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

I sent you a message
Old 10-21-2020, 06:18 AM   #9
MauderPocker
Junior

***Price Drop*** $4200
Old 10-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #10
MACUSMC
Junior

$4200 for the whole package or did you split it up already ?
MACUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #11
MauderPocker
Junior

Sold*