Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
MKNOTT

Big dog w/ white back

Roll call on who has issues with this beast. Probably the bravest dog I have ever met. Had a spanish with its head out of the water right by my right foot and this dog came up under my yak and slowly snagged it and chewed & ate it right there. Then he swims over to Dave and butt rapes him too. Comes back to me and gets my low bait, swims under my yak and lets out a huge breath of air right under me! Adi, lets get a harpoon set up on the bow of the bayliner and have some fun. MKNOTT

When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea, <O
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
MKNOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
madscientist

Re: Big dog w/ white back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKNOTT
Roll call on who has issues with this beast. Probably the bravest dog I have ever met. Had a spanish with its head out of the water right by my right foot and this dog came up under my yak and slowly snagged it and chewed & ate it right there. Then he swims over to Dave and butt rapes him too. Comes back to me and gets my low bait, swims under my yak and lets out a huge breath of air right under me! Adi, lets get a harpoon set up on the bow of the bayliner and have some fun. MKNOTT
That's ole knothead. He is completely fearless. Just a matter of time till he ends up in someone's lap.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
lamb

:lol:

MIke, we'll take that off line.

Good seeing ya' all!! Congrats to all that hooked up!
Old 05-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
T-Rex

I think thats the same dog that broke my pos homemade sabiki rod yesterday. Put my rod in the rod holder while I was unhooking 3 spanish when one flipped over the side and was hanging 1/2 way in the water. Dog came out of nowhere, grabbed the mac and dove while my sabiki rod snapped and folded at the handle. Luckily the mac popped loose and I saved the reel. It happened so fast I wasn't sure what was going on. Hooks were everywhere & I'm lucky I didn't get hooked...with the dog pulling on the other end that would have hurt!!

T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
scwafish

On the Columbia River they have started using paintball guns on the worst offenders, but it ain't legal. Could always bring back a few seal bombs from your next rip to mex.
scwafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
Ryan The Sealion

I'm sure they can see mono too, but I hate how the dogs pop their head up and look at my white spectra then follow it right to my bait
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

I had a bait out right up next to the boat on thursday night and he bumped the bottom of my boat in the process of stealing my bait. He really needs to be taught to fear people. I too get worried when I pull my baits in that he will jump aboard. If it is going to be a close call I just let him have the bait.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:26 AM   #8
madscientist

Last year I had him come a foot out of the water as I lifted a barracuda up right next me. Scared the crap out of me and could easily have been much worse. In my opinion, that dog has crossed over from "nuisance" into the "dangerous" category.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:26 AM   #9
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Looks like a Louisville Slugger with a gaff hook. That should be easy to make.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #11
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Yup, had a problem with that big dog this morning (Monday).
Saw him from a distance making a b-line to me and a bud, so we pulled our macs out of the water.
I left mine sitting right next to me just under the surface, then watched him sound...or dive, whatever the fook they do.
Kept looking for him, and he comes up from under the yak, launch style, going for the mac, from the opposite side. :shock: Arsehole.
Was holding the pole, lifted the mac out of his reach, while he got some air, and chomped at air too.
Finally left us alone, not before he took Jimbo's mac.
Will be bringing my mini Louisville slugger from now on.

On a side note, had a pup poke his head out of the water just as I (innocently) tossed an iron. Poked his head out a bit too close to where I casted, did a flip out of the water, after that, he avoided all blue kayaks. Ooops

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote