Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
madscientist

7/15 AM

Warm humid morning. Plenty of bait at the can. Got around the corner on the turn of the tide and it looked primed, then the wind picked up. Blew steady from the south for an hour, making it a little crappy. Enough chop to send my friend Joe chumming. Died off and got nice again, but there was nothing happening. Water has turned colder, seemed to put the kibosh on the bite.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Ditto.
Lights at the pier were not on the water so I got a nice exercise paddle in for nothing.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
corazondeloso
Junior

the water has gotten noticeably cooler. After launching, I unfortunately paddled down to the pier (no light=no bait) thru a stretch of water that was cool enough to chill the air and make me put my coat on. Weird. Later on in the surface kelp in front of the condo, thewater was flat out cold. Water appeared to be greener as well. Didn't feel fishy out there to me either, although I did have something harass my bait and ripple the water once, but that might have been my imagination due to desperation Thanks to (Trev?) in blue yak for letting me tag along for bait this morning....gotta get that dang FF fixed.
corazondeloso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
aguachico

water is cold at 65. Bite is scratchy. Light not on pier? was like that on Friday. Made easy bait 20feet north of pier with cat food.
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

launched @ 4am-ish.....took 4 breakers in the chest/face....Im not very patient...little breezy in the morning but it cleaned up mid-day...scrounged up one boney...once again he fought like a champ...20" and 4# was turning my yak, tangling lines, and peeling a little drag...slow after that...on a good note, with my spaniards that I picked up, I got one good greenie...bout 9" long and full of energy...he didn't get bit but I trolled him ALL day (5 hours)...never done that before 8) ...Iceman posted this site that monitors LJ h2o temps...we're GMT-8 hours during the summer I believe... http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.p...eas=wtmp&uom=E...just another thing to keep in mind when checking tides and such...does anyone know what happened to all the bait outside...How come they'll be swimmin around in big schools one day and then gone the next...I know "that's fishing" but there has to be a logical explantion... :roll:
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:22 PM   #6
corazondeloso
Junior

I wonder if the dolphins had anything to do with it?
corazondeloso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
kurt

Slow day for me as well. No bites at all until I stopped in front of the hotel in 45' of water as I headed in. Got picked up on the bottom on a spanish. Took some line and pulled the kayak. Big calico weighed 7lb 12oz. Beautiful day on the water once the south wind settled down.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #8
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

I had a toad a few weeks ago that weighed in the 7's....fought good as well...when I hook into a yellow, I know my mind will be blown...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #9
bjswans75

Kurt

I have your pics of the Calico, nice catch. I will get them to you shortly.
bjswans75 is offline   Reply With Quote