Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
fishinfreak

GoPro Chest Mount

hey guys,
i know a lot of you like using the gopro and the chest mount for it is popular with kayak fishing. if you're like me and never want to spend extra money, then here's a way to make a ghetto chest mount that works well enough: when you buy the gopro, it comes in a plastic box (and the bottom box has all the accesories in it). when the gopro is in that plastic box, it is on a plate with a mount molded into the plate. i took this plastic plate, rounded off the edges with a grinder, then make 4 openings (one on each side of the mount) so i could run straps on each side of the mount. to make these openings, i drilled 3 holes in a straight line on each side with about 1/3 of an inch in between the holes. i then took a soldering gun and used it to melt the plastic between the 3 holes, making a straight opening in the plastic that is a little more than an inch long. to make it even more ghetto, i took a small tie down strap and ran it through three of the openings, straping the plate to my chest by going around my back also over my shoulders (this is how the straps on the gopro-made chest mount are positioned on the body). here's a video to show you how it generally worked. i'm sure my description is really hard to follow and understand, but this is such an easy project. i can take and post pictures if you guys are interested

http://youtu.be/s1HGzpnQttY?hd=1
fishinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
coxtanker421

chesty

i bought go pro and chesty at same time. returned chesty to save some money and first test cam, much less catch a fish and film footage. you came up with great idea , good footage , and thx for sharing.
coxtanker421 is offline   Reply With Quote