Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 05-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #1
Mr GreenJeans

Dana Point 5/27

Haven’t posted here since I switched to long range some years ago. But long range is kaput these days, so I figured it was time knock the dust off the kayak and fish locally.

Launched from Baby Beach yesterday and headed south towards Capo Beach. Low tide was around 8:00 and fishing was dead until 9 or 9:30. But then somebody threw the switch and the bite picked up. Over the next hour or so caught 7 calicos. Mostly around 10”, but one was 14” and another was 15”. Three on swim baits and four on a trolled Frenzy. With warming water, the bass are coming higher in the water column. All fish released since I still have pelagics in the freezer.

The forecast was for the wind to build so I headed in early and got to the beach around 11:00. It was a little crowded on the beach, but family clusters were spread out to give each other space. Mostly moms and their kids. A pleasant semblance of normalcy.

My bass picture was pretty boring, but I was going to post it anyway. But now I don’t remember how. I thought there was a sticky on how to post a pic, but I couldn’t find it. If someone could reply with a link to the instructions, I would gladly post my boring bass pic. Thanks.
Mr GreenJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #2
Southwest Kayak Fishing

Hey Mr. Greanjeans I launch and fish the area quite frequently and your right about the light switch. It’s pretty common over there. It can be dead for an hour or two then the bite will pick up and be steady for an hour or so.

Good to see you get out there!
Southwest Kayak Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:00 AM   #3
Little j
Junior

Welcome back Greenjeans, I enjoyed reading your post from the kayakmafia days. Always wondered what happened to you. Nice to hear you're doing well.
Little j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #4
Udine219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Kayak Fishing View Post
Hey Mr. Greanjeans I launch and fish the area quite frequently and your right about the light switch. It’s pretty common over there. It can be dead for an hour or two then the bite will pick up and be steady for an hour or so.

Good to see you get out there!
+1

Udine219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:50 AM   #5
Salty

Looks like the locals are back as well... Might have had one under my kayak last weekend but couldn't get a good look at whatever it was.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/2...and-manhattan/
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
bwana

Sorry to hear your trips are on hold. I know how much they mean to you.
Time to try downsizing your rod building skills from cows to kayak inshore fishing.
bwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:05 AM   #7
PapaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Looks like the locals are back as well... Might have had one under my kayak last weekend but couldn't get a good look at whatever it was.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/2...and-manhattan/
I see those out there a lot...