Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
FISH11

GONE, gone, gone "To the Dark Side"

Yep. I did it. I crossed the line. Today I went to OEX Mission Bay to test several Kayak with the intent of picking up a Kraken. I had wanted one for some time so I went and paddle the 15.5, OK but not too much different feeling then my Cuda 14, Then I pedaled a Hobie Revo 13 that they had on a special deal they had new not used. It totally surprised me I had not pedaled a Hobie and by looking at the hull shape I though the secondary stability would be as bad or worse then what I was trying to replace. To my surprise it has a lot of stability and it must be the fins because the bottom of the hull had nothing to tell you it would not roll over easily. Then I tried the Kraken 13.5 it was good and I liked it a lot more then the large brother. If it had not been that I had just tried the Revo 13 I would have taken the Kraken 13.5 home it is a real good kayak, but the same stability and having the hands free won out. Can't wait to take it out to LJ on Monday and then on the Islander 2.5 day trip at the end of the week. Suddenly Life Is Good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160604_113621~2.jpg (67.4 KB, 253 views)