Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Tigermidge

The Fly line I use is 100 Ft. total length... Heavy sink tip first 30 to 35 ft. intergraded sinking/running line behind that for the rest of it.
I can cast it 50 ft and let it sink for 30 seconds while I kick my hobie in revers, letting out more line.

Mark

If you would like I will send photo of the lines i use.
Tigermidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermidge View Post
The Fly line I use is 100 Ft. total length... Heavy sink tip first 30 to 35 ft. intergraded sinking/running line behind that for the rest of it.
I can cast it 50 ft and let it sink for 30 seconds while I kick my hobie in revers, letting out more line.

Mark

If you would like I will send photo of the lines i use.
thanks, I know the guys fishing for stripers locally are using flies behind a lead core line to get the depth. I haven't seen the flies but I'm guessing it is something along the line of a thread fin shad. I fished Silverwood Reservoir before the stripers got there but any big streamer with a lot of white would kill the brown trout that were in the lake. Are you standing up when you cast? I don't know if I can still send a streamer 35 yards. The guys I see fishing the bays are fishing a lot shallower than 50 feet but they seem to do pretty good on the spotties.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:13 PM   #3
daperrin
www.TheKayakLaunch

Hi Mark, those are some good size Spotties. Do you just troll the fly behind you on the surface usually?

Also wondering, do you feel the fish are equally distributed in the bay or is it better closer to the harbor jetties or the back side of the bay?

Thanks
David

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@thekayaklaunch
https://www.instagram.com/thekayaklaunch
daperrin is offline   Reply With Quote