Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers > West Coast Whoppers 2015 - The 3 Kings

Old 02-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

WCW 2015 The Three Kings

Same rules apply to 2015!

The 3 Kings

yellowtail, white seabass and California halibut

Free to enter and a very simple format this year, catch the biggest fish and reign as the king for as long as you have the biggest within the species submitted. There will be custom trophy steins handed out for the biggest yellowtail, white seabass and halibut caught in 2015. Awards and get together to be determined, taking place in January 2016.

All fish must be hooked, fought and landed from a kayak and brought to shore without any physical assistance.

To submit your catch it must be heavier in weight by 1 pound or more than the previous reining leader. We are rounding down weights, so a 40.8# fish is submitted as forty and a fish will need to weigh 41# or over to knock them off the podium.

Each angler’s submission must be accompanied by one photo of the angler with the fish, preferably on the kayak.

In addition, for each fish submitted, the weight needs to be supported by photo of the fish on a measuring tape showing its total length in inches. The fish must be weighed on an accurate scale. Reported fish weight will be compared to length to verify accuracy. As an alternative, the angler may submit the fish with weight obtained from the certified fish weigh-in station - certified weigh-in stations (Dana Landing, Fisherman's Landing, possibly your local tackle shop with certified scale). When submitting a fish with weight obtained from a certified scale, no tape shot picture is required. The weigh master should give you documentation, or just snap a photo of the weight showing on the scale.

Let's get this started!

This starts today January 1st and runs through midnight December 31 2015

Last edited by WCW Moderator; 01-01-2016 at 02:13 PM.
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
rhyak

is there a time limit to post a fish or can you save them for Dec 31st and boom take it all...

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyak View Post
is there a time limit to post a fish or can you save them for Dec 31st and boom take it all...

Post that fish already!!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

There is no time limit other than midnight Dec 31 2014, but I would rather reign as king for a day, a week or month and not hold out only to miss out on my Warhol moment!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Moderator View Post
There is no time limit other than midnight Dec 31 2014, but I would rather reign as king for a day, a week or month and not hold out only to miss out on my Warhol moment!

there should be a submission date set, something similar to the the previous WCW tournaments:

Competitors are allowed upgradeable submissions monthly with midnight of the last day of the month as a deadline. You can submit your best of 1 of each of the 3 species.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
Dan

i like the no submission date. snipers vs vanity.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #7
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

Very different format this year and I like the possibility of toppling the reining king at the buzzer. I also like the fact that someone could hold onto a submission too long and miss out on holding the title for at least a little while. Play it however you like, but I would post em in a timely manner
Old 02-21-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
All fish must be hooked, fought and landed from a kayak and brought to shore without any physical assistance.
Under this rule, all mothership fish are ineligible.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #9
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
Under this rule, all mothership fish are ineligible.
I had thought about amending the original wordage to include mother-ships eligibility, but decided to keep things simple and easy to adhere to the guidelines, mothership trips are not eligible submissions.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
Big T
Member, You Member!

I've already won. You all just won't know it till Dec 31st at 11:59
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #11
Big T
Member, You Member!

Hey... I had this thought... it wasn't a deep thought... Not deep at all.

But... I was thinking that there might be a reward of some sort for the biggest fish of each month submitted. No I don't know what that reward would be... but make it something that gives just a little nudge to at least win the "month" competition and then obviously at the end of the year, all of the monthly winners are compared for a yearly winner.

To discourage the "snipers" make it to where anything submitted after November 15th is only in the running for the yearly bragging rights/reward.

So that if you don't win the yearly WCW award, then you can at least have a smaller "monthly" title. Kinda like a second place thing.

Or as my stepdad would say... "First loser award"
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #12
dorado50

brilliant idea!...... maybe you can start if off with the posting of your fish?. All talk and no show? We shall see......
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #13
Deamon

What about a category for The Triple Crown? Each person's combined weight on one each of their big 3: yellow, wsb and butt
Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
Iceman
Administrator

I like it. maybe just for bragging rights. We did it years ago in WCW.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:15 AM   #15
TJones

This is going to be an exciting year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I like it. maybe just for bragging rights. We did it years ago in WCW.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #16
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
What about a category for The Triple Crown? Each person's combined weight on one each of their big 3: yellow, wsb and butt
Jim
Like!
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #17
ful-rac
Emperor

WCW suggestion

I know keeping track of points is a pain in the ass, but to keep things simple and fun, and keep things going all year, instead of everything happening at January 1, 12:05 am...also to get more people to participate in the WCW. I have a pretty simple idea....

It's probably too late to suggest this but how about a 12 point system, one point per month of the year. One point to the member with the biggest fish for that month. The member with the most points at the end of the year takes it. If a different member wins every month then the biggest fish during the 12 month period wins.

I like this because a single lucky large fish cannot knock everyone out for the year, only for that month. So everybody would have to fish hard all year to try to make a point for that month....The competition would be fun!

I do like the triple crown Idea too, that would be awesome.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #18
Iceman
Administrator

Tony, I think this would be a great format. Don't want to change it up now that we started, but next year!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #19
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Ken one of our neighbors at Las Encantadas was telling about two WSB caught from yaks over the last week in the 30-35 lb class. This was on the evening of 31st of December.

The following morning, 1 Jan, 2015 at 9:15 am. Loud and clear over channel 68 comes this:

Makobob, Makobob this is Chuck come in. Remember talking with Ken last night? They are here. How big? Over 30!

Fishing the FULL MOON anywhere can be good, Baja can be AWESOME. These fish will be in the neighborhood until March-April and some 50 pounders will be caught. San Felipe, Puertocitos, and Gonzaga will all produce for those who brave the winds and waves. Repalas, Youzoris and IRON all produce. Gentlemen, start your engines! Become an IRON MAN!.
Get a couple guys together, drive down south and Live the dream!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #20
EastLosYaker

Dang Bob, already blew up the spot? Poor chuck...or maybe not.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote