Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
so cal shaggy

New task that needs volunteers

Well guys and gals, the names and nominations for a SIG (statewide interest group) are coming up and it would be in our best interest to be involved. The position is similar to an RSG rep but not as involved most likely a few days a season. The SIG meets a couple times a year to have meetings regarding many different activities. Kind of a managing board. Every facet of public domain has them; forestry, inland waterways, desert, ocean. You'd get some reading material, and basically talk to peers about the ocean issues you deal with. Things coming up will be the MLMA (marine life management act), lobster fishery management, etc. You'd get to have input on proposals for fishery management; to shape a basic premise before it is put out to the public for review. It gives a starting point if you will for the public side of fishery management. SIG members are important to us, because it is how policy is shaped. More pro fishing representation means more reasonable policies for us. I have thrown my hat into the ring as a spearfishing/fishing voice, anyone want to step up and help?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I can think of a dozen or so folks who have proven themselves as capable candidates for this position during the MLPA hearings. I would be happy to have any one of these folks representing my interests.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
so cal shaggy

I just got the info for this group and the deadline for submitting your nomination is tomorrow at 4:00 P.M. so time is short. Here is the link for anyone willing to submit their name http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/statewide_nc.asp
Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Come on guys. You know who you are. We need a couple experienced San Diego area yakfishers on this panel so please step up and step forward. The deadline is Thursday at 1:00.

I am not the best qualified guy for this thing but if no one else is willing to do it, I'm game.

If you decide to submit your name in nomination, please post here. If no one does so by noon tomorrow, I will put my name in.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

dang this is short notice!

we need to act, anyone interested?
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote