Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Yeah, bass thumb

Hit the Pipe this morning. Pretty darn nice day too. Decided I would burn my extra $10 and launch at the ramp. Got there and for whatever reason the gate opened before I could put in my money. Score. This turned out good because I lost over $6 in lead and had to Hogan's on the way home. Anyways, I launched at 7:00 to a cloudy sky and a SE wind.

Got out to the Pipe and got a fish on the first cast and another on the third. Figured it was a good sign and for the first hour it was a bite every cast. I missed so many it was actually funny. Then I broke off a brute, that wasn't so funny. But, that's the risk when fishing 8lb. The wind died down about 9:30 and stayed down until about 11:00 when it started out of the NW and blew pretty good. Had a good pick most of the morning and it wasn't until about 10:30 when the bite slowed way down. But, I got my best fish about 11:30, it was about 4lbs and fell for a 3" Flurry in Redfish. The 4" in Redfish was also good all morning. 5.5" Big Hammer in Toast on a 1oz red Slayer head, MC dropshot bait in lime green/clear belly on a Sled Head, and a x-mas tree Tenacious were also good. As many as I missed today I still ended up with 19 legals and 5 shorts and a good case of bass thumb. Water is 57, can't wait until it warms up.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
jorluivil

Can't go wrong with free parking but be careful. Many of these lots are patrolled and if you don't have a parking ticket on your dash -face up- its a guaranteed ticket.

Have you considered buying lead through Craigslist? Its way cheaper to buy it from a local person that makes them at home than to buy them at a local tackle shop.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
landwhale

Way to go Ed on the Bass thumb wish I could have joined you

Some of us choose to support our local Tackle Stores

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

I don't think you are going to find anybody pouring sled heads on CL......maybe some sweet pyramid sinkers.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Amish Ed

The Hogans were by far the best customers to me when I was a deckhand and I like returning the favor. As little as it may be.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
GregAndrew

No ticket stubs at the Dana boat launch either. You put you $10 in and the arm opens up. That is a nice score, and well worth the money anyway IMHO. WTG on the Bassin.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Amish Ed

Usually don't have it, but definitely worth the money. Saves a solid 20 minutes and lots of back pain. The way the wind kicked up today, that would've been a long paddle up the channel.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Can't go wrong with free parking but be careful. Many of these lots are patrolled and if you don't have a parking ticket on your dash -face up- its a guaranteed ticket.

Have you considered buying lead through Craigslist? Its way cheaper to buy it from a local person that makes them at home than to buy them at a local tackle shop.
I didn't know the nigerians were pouring lead, thanks for the heads up

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
NextBite

WTG! On the Bass Thumb
NextBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
blitzburgh

Nice number of legals!