Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

From Sen. Mark Wyland, 38th District

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your opposition to the removal of Fish and Game Commission President Dan Richards. I appreciate hearing from you.

Over the past month there has been much debate surrounding Commissioner Richards and his hunting activities that occurred in the State of Idaho. During that trip the Commissioner killed a mountain lion, which is legal in the State of Idaho. After a photo emerged showing the Commissioner posing with the mountain lion many environmental extremists called for his resignation. These environmentalists based their calls on the fact that the Commissioner killed an animal that Californians voted to protect in 1990. While California may have banned the hunting and killing of mountain lions, I cannot stress enough that it is legal to hunt them in Idaho. This would be similar to calling on a legislator to resign because they gambled legally in Nevada.

Many environmental groups have been on a crusade over the years to remove people from the Fish and Game Commission who in any way support the rights of hunters and anglers. This witch-hunt is no more evident than the current moment where environmentalists are using their connections with California legislators to push for a legislative resolution to remove Commissioner Richards from the Commission.

Attached is a letter signed by myself and other Senators addressed to the President Pro Tempore of the California Senate stating that Commissioner Richards broke no California laws and should remain in his position. I will continue to support Commissioner Richards against any proposal to remove him.

Thank you for contacting my office and standing for law and order. Please know that I will be sure to take your opinion into account on this very important issue.

For California,

MARK WYLAND
Senator, 38th District

(Note: Letter came in PDF format, will try to convert it and put it up here)

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
echo1er

got mine in the mail too.
echo1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
SoCalCJ

He's got my vote and I'm sure a few others for his effort.
SoCalCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
RK

Well that was easy Id gladly back this dude for president!!!!!!
About fricken time I like the words these Political donkeys are feeding me.
This guy sounds like one of the good guys......
Although I dont trust any politicans, I like what I just read a lot..
I wonder if he's related to my favorite majestic dolphin jumping hawaiian statue cliche artist
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I got a similar letter in the mail from Assemblyman Marty Garrick. I did not keep it or I would share it with the class. Marty was much less supportive. Vague would be a better description of his position but to be fair, he did not voice support for the opposition either.

What impressed me the most was that Senator Wyland chose to send a free email to the many thousands who wrote to him while Assemblyman Garrick decided that sending out thousands of letters with 45 cent stamps was the best way to inform his constituents of his semi-position.

I wonder who paid for all those stamps along with the paper, envelopes, and staff time to produce the mailing? Oh wait, that was me and you.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
mtnbykr2