Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Exclamation F&G Commission asks for more funds for wardens or delay MLPA

The California Fish and Game Commission is asking the Governor to exempt wardens from furloughs or stop implementation of "new" programs. Here is an except:
“The Commission does not want to delay any environmental protection but understands that under current conditions, there are not enough wardens to do the job. Furloughs have reduced the thin line of environmental police in California by 14%, and the Commission must take into account our impact on this reduced force before implementing any new regulations that exacerbate the impact on our wardens and heighten the risk to officer safety.”
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Letter to Governor[1].pdf (67.4 KB, 28 views)
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Finally, something sensible out of a Government agency. I wonder how much more funding the DFG would need to fully implement and enforce all the proposed MLPA regulations? My guess is three to five times their current funding.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Oolie
Headshots Only

FOR THE WHOLE STATE?

i believe they want to protect our resources just as much as anyone in our state.

they may not agree with the solutions that environmentalist extremists dream up, but they do value the resources of the state.

i hope the governor gets the message.
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
FISHIONADO

I was bummed you and Tyler couldn't make the party at Sherm's place. You both would have had a round of toasts and drinks. Thanks again for keeping the fires burning through the fog of BS we endured!
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
I was bummed you and Tyler couldn't make the party at Sherm's place. You both would have had a round of toasts and drinks. Thanks again for keeping the fires burning through the fog of BS we endured!
Yeah, I had my sister, and her family come to town. Even still, it is hard to find a baby sitter these days! It looks like you guys had a blast, wish I was there! Great pics!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Gino

sounds great but its still another goverment agency making a case against furloughs, public employee service unions are doing the same thing.

I dont think 500 wardens could cover the state, and they only have 200. They need to be asking about expansion not furlough exemption.

If they get what they want, then lib enviors will use it as case for the mlpa to move forward.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Billy V

They would need Sharks with laser-beams on their heads to patrol any of the proposed Marine Reserves.

-After seeing 1st hand just how courrupt the Blue Ribbon Task Force was with all their self serving conflicts of interests, and how they profited by leaving areas open to fishing where they Own Marinas, Gas Docks, Bait and Tackle, etc.

Fugaddaboutit

Good luck with that buddy ... lmao
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
nunyabizness1
Maggie

thanks for the update and info Chris. The govenor's budget is not looking good! I hope that this message is heard and the mlpa process is delayed until the true impact of cost to enforce is considered!
nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
blitzburgh

X 3.
blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #10
j mo

x4
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote