Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter

Old 01-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
tacmik

why I support HOW

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wou...7Kz&ocid=edgsp

No members of HOW Southern Ca. take any monies for any reason. Done for love.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
Heroes On The Water
Non Profit Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post

YEP!!!
Everyone loves WWP because they see their branding all over products and television.
I speak for myself and not HEROES ON THE WATER as an organization when I say WWP SUCKS AND RIPS OFF ITS DONORS AND OUR DESERVING VETERANS! They have been money hungry for years and have given other well meaning and well run non profit organizations a bad name.
I have told many people to please inquire how and how much any charity spends on the actual cause before donating anything to them.
In any of my discussions or meetings I purposely do not say the word warrior so to distance HOW from any perceived ties with WWP.
I find it interesting that WWP targets and receives much of their funding from 65+ year olds since they do NOTHING for veterans who served pre 9/11.

I'm very familiar with the inner workings of HEROES ON THE WATER at the National level. I know where and how donations are spent on the national level. And just so you know... The national organization is a Gold Star rated non profit organization.

The Southern California Chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER is the largest chapter in the country. We are a self sufficient chapter which means we do not receive any financial aid from the National organization. When a $100 dollar check is written to our chapter $100 dollars goes to running our chapter. We are all volunteers. We do not get paid. We do not spend one penny on advertising.
The National organization oversees every penny spent by us every month and in many cases we need to get prior approval from National before we make needed purchases.

HEROES ON THE WATER does one thing and we do it well.

I am proud to be part of such a great organization that truly does serve those men and women who so bravely served our country.

If anyone has any questions please contact me.

Michael Weist
Aka Cbad, Cbad Mike

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Last edited by Heroes On The Water; 01-27-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Heroes On The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
Heroes On The Water
Non Profit Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post

YEP!!!
Everyone loves WWP because they see there branding all over products and television.
I speak for myself and not HEROES ON THE WATER as an organization when I say WWP SUCKS AND RIPS OFF ITS DONORS AND OUR DESERVING VETERANS! They have been money hungry for years and have given other well meaning and well run non profit organizations a bad name.
I have told many people to please inquire how and how much any charity spends on the actual cause before donating anything to them.
In any of my discussions or meetings I purposely do not say the word warrior so to distance HOW from any perceived ties with WWP.
I find it interesting that WWP targets and receives much of their funding from 65+ year olds since they do NOTHING for veterans who served pre 9/11.

I'm very familiar with the inner workings of HEROES ON THE WATER at the National level. I know where and how donations are spent on the national level. And just so you know... The national organization is a Gold Star rated non profit organization.

The Southern California Chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER is the largest chapter in the country. We are a self sufficient chapter which means we do not receive any financial aid from the National organization. When a $100 dollar check is written to our chapter $100 dollars goes to running our chapter. We are all volunteers. We do not get paid. We do not spend one penny on advertising.
The National organization oversees every penny spent by us every month and in many cases we need to get prior approval from National before we make needed purchases.

I am proud to be part of such a great organization that truly does serve those men and women who so bravely served our country.

Michael Weist
Aka Cbad, Cbad Mike

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Heroes On The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:23 AM   #4
Pocoloco

hope for even a better year in 2016.
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:24 AM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

It's always so disappointing to hear that a charity is mis-appropriating people's generous donations. Especially when it's such a high profile organization such as WWP...I guess it just goes to show no matter how big your charity is no matter what the cause no mater what "A" list celebrity endorses it...it can and will be corrupted, if taking in money becomes more important than helping the people you intend to help...
Old 01-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #6
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroes On The Water View Post
YEP!!!
Everyone loves WWP because they see there branding all over products and television.

Michael Weist
Aka Cbad, Cbad Mike

good stuff there!!!

I have a question.

Is it Michael, Cbad or Cbad Mike? Are you like those rappers that change their name every year?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #7
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
good stuff there!!!

I have a question.

Is it Michael, Cbad or Cbad Mike? Are you like those rappers that change their name every year?

Maybe we can call him....

Cdidy...or
CLion....or

"The fisherman formerly known as Cbad"
Old 03-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #8
jorluivil

It was never of matter of if it would happen as much as it was about when it would happen

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/10...ntroversy.html

DEVELOPING STORY: The two top executives of the Wounded Warrior Project — among the largest veterans charities in the country — were fired Thursday after an investigation into accusations of lavish spending on parties, hotel and travel, CBS News reported.

Wounded Warrior Project's CEO, Steven Nardizzi, and COO, Al Giordano, were fired by the charity's board amid criticisms about how it spends more than $800 million raised in donations in the past four years, CBS News reported.

The charity's board of directors made their decision after a meeting in New York City, where they received preliminary results of a financial and policy audit, sources told CBS News.

The charity came under fire after an earlier CBS News investigation in January revealed large amounts of spending on administration, meetings, and travel.

Army Staff Sergeant Erick Millette, who returned from Iraq in 2006 with a bronze star and a purple heart, told CBS News at the time he admired the charity’s work and took a job with the group in 2014 but quit after two years.

"Their mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors, but what the public doesn't see is how they spend their money," he said.

Millette said he witnessed lavish spending on staff, with big “catered” parties.

"Going to a nice fancy restaurant is not team building. Staying at a lavish hotel at the beach here in Jacksonville, and requiring staff that lives in the area to stay at the hotel is not team building," he told CBS News.

According to the charity's tax forms obtained by CBS News, spending on conferences and meetings went from $1.7 million in 2010, to $26 million in 2014, which is the same amount the group spends on combat stress recovery.

Two former employees, who were so fearful of retaliation they asked that CBS News not show their faces on camera, said spending has skyrocketed since Steven Nardizzi took over as CEO in 2009, pointing to the 2014 annual meeting at a luxury resort in Colorado Springs.

"He rappelled down the side of a building at one of the all hands events. He's come in on a Segway, he's come in on a horse,” one employee told CBS News.

About 500 staff members attended the four-day conference in Colorado, which CBS News reported cost about $3 million.

In January, Charity Navigator, a group that oversees nonprofit organizations, placed Wounded Warrior Project on its watch list, Fox News reported, citing a separate CBS report.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote