Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
lamb

La Jolla 08/02/05 AMs

Just one of those days - set the alarm at 4:00 but got up at 5:00. Got to the Shores at 5:30 but finally launched at 6:15AM. What’s up with those brand new shitters being locked?!? Oh well.

Hardly any swell, mellow wind. Water color brownish in the reserve, getting more into green shade further down south. Visibility 10-ish feet, temp 72-73 according to my fishfinder. Only few boats and yaks out there. I had a hard time getting bait right after the reserve. Trolled rapala and fishtrap in about 70ft for no action. The bait situation got much better once I got in front of the hotel - plenty of greenies and spanish. The spot where I found the bait looked fishy so I stayed there for about 20 minutes. Got 2 nice size calicos, let go. Moved in a about 80 ft and sent one live bait to the bottom, kept one on the surface. Moved a few times, as there was hardly any drift. At about 9:00 Am, my flylined greenback got picked up. The right kind but the wrong size – lil’ 5.5 lbs yeller.

Point is a point is a point. Matt, 22nd place is too small for 2 of us… LOL