Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
slobslayer

Whos fishing tomorrow

Anybody eading out tomorrow and where to. I just got off a 4 day shift and need some some salt on my skin. My wife even offered to come out and fish! I think well hit SD bay sometime in the morning. Is there anywhere closer than Shelter Island ramp and the sandy beach to the bait barge to launch at?
slobslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Journeyman
Junior

Probably further than you want to drive but I'm heading out of Dana Point Harbor at 6. Probably head north to the kelp.
Journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobslayer View Post
Anybody eading out tomorrow and where to. I just got off a 4 day shift and need some some salt on my skin. My wife even offered to come out and fish! I think well hit SD bay sometime in the morning. Is there anywhere closer than Shelter Island ramp and the sandy beach to the bait barge to launch at?
Leave out of Lawrence beach and Rosecrans.
Head along the shore toward the ocean and you'll come across a bait barge. Zuniga Jetty is on your left, Cabrillo is on your right. Fairly decent Halibut bite about an hour after the tide swing, and the bait barge is fairly generous. I gave them 13 for a Kayak scoop and got more than enough for 2 of us to split. Probably 20 or so pieces each.

if the Halibut aren't biting, head to the inland side of the Jeddy and chase some bass. Lots around

The beach is RIGHT next to where you park, you don't even need wheels if you have two people.

Goodluck, have fun

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...ed=0CA0Q8gEwAA
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
tasteslikechikn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Leave out of Lawrence beach and Rosecrans.
Head along the shore toward the ocean and you'll come across a bait barge. Zuniga Jetty is on your left, Cabrillo is on your right. Fairly decent Halibut bite about an hour after the tide swing, and the bait barge is fairly generous. I gave them 13 for a Kayak scoop and got more than enough for 2 of us to split. Probably 20 or so pieces each.

if the Halibut aren't biting, head to the inland side of the Jeddy and chase some bass. Lots around

The beach is RIGHT next to where you park, you don't even need wheels if you have two people.

Goodluck, have fun

[url]https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=Rosecrans+and+lawrence+san+diego&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x80deab922c8715f3:0x99abe947b7b5f7c0,Rosecr ans+St+%26+Lawrence+St,+San+Diego,+CA+92106&gl=us&ei=GGXZT_v6Mofs2QXV2dSTDw&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CA0Q8gEwAA[
/url]
Drake, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that launch limited to two hour parking? I went there a few months ago and all of the parking there had a two hour limit... I would greatly appreciate any other parking areas that don't limit you to two hours. Thanks.

Tight lines to you....
tasteslikechikn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
slobslayer

Thanks! I'll see if I can find anything over 2hr parking. If the old lady has to paddle from shelter island I'm pretty sure my day of fishing will be ruined lol
slobslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Drake

At the end of the street, right at the inlet there is 2 parking spots, 3 with smaller car that aren't 2hr parking. Anything in front of a house is 2hr, but the very end isn't. You just need to get there early and get the spot. We got there at 6, left at 3 and had no issues