Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
SESSAGAFF

FREE 3 FOOT SESSA GAFF

THE BEST LOGO WE PICK , WE are looking for a logo for our Sessa Gaff
so any of you artists IN here, THis your chance to win a free Sessa Gaff if your logo
is the winner ,

we we are looking for is a shark head skeleton or a fish skeleton with gaffs crossed threw it like a skull and cross bones or make something custom using gaffs and a picture of a shark or a fish we will also be putting our website at the bottom of the logo www.sessaadvancedproducts.com

the time line is 3 weeks good luck

please when you send us the picture give us your info

you can email us the logo at persempregrato27@aol.com
SESSAGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
SESSAGAFF

i was kinda hoping to see some coments on here

if you guys were down to have a contest please comment
Old 08-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Bob Madore
Junior

Sounds like you just want someone to do your work for you.
Bob Madore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
fishinkid2010

It doesn't sound like you have looked into what it takes to create a logo that is of professional quality. First off I do not claim to be a professional, however, I have family members who are. I do quite a bit of fish art myself, and have needed to create logos for my club. (My avatar is one of my designs) The amount of time and work it takes is incredible. I first had to render it by hand, re-do and alter it to better quality paper, color it and outline it, and scan it into a .png file. That was only the portion to get it part-way to digital. Once you convert it to a computer file the amount of time you can spend refining it is endless. Now for my avatar we only spent a few hours with it on the computer, but thats because I wasn't after the quality you would need to market a product. (I assume you want it in a digital file you can send to an engraver.)
All I'm saying is that before you get your hopes up, you may want to consider the amount of time someone will have to take to create a design of the quality I'm sure you want. Convert that time and effort into $ and your offer isn't as appealing as it could be, specially if you aren't guaranteed a gaff.

Good luck with your product though, it looks very well made. You might consider looking at your pricing though, other than that its a nice gaff.
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
ericko

NO body is making you do the art work. It also takes time to design the nice gaff sounds like some peeps just want things for free..

nice gaff
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
SESSAGAFF

wow eriko u hit it right on the head

ill send out a gaff and a hook to the one who makes and wins the best logo design
Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
SESSAGAFF

for who wins the design of the logo

its not just going to be a free gaff for you its also going to make you part in this company we have tons of other fishing / boating parts we are making right now so we will want to have this person climb aboard with this company
Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #8
Spyder

I know someone who will put something together for you to view. Will let you know when it's done.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
SESSAGAFF

thats awesome spyder

thank you we decided that the winner going to get a custom gaff made between 1 to 5 foot with the logo and name on it
Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
RubiconAg
Junior

Has one of these gaffs been sent to OEX yet? I'm not a hater but they clearly asked to see one in person to decide on the legitimacy of allowing a non-site vendor to post. This is now the second thread that is advertising an item without the approval of the site owners.

One of the quickest ways to damage an up-and-coming business is to get on the bad side of the consumers and other business' that could ultimately become part of your success.....just my thoughts, I would do what has been asked.
RubiconAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
SESSAGAFF

i have contacted brent tortesson

and yes if you were to take the time to read the posts u will see that were making 5 more to send out we have already sent one to matt moyer brent tortesson is next
Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
yakker420
Junior

Here is my artwork submission, but really I am not a hater, seriously, not a hater.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sessa.jpg (122.3 KB, 329 views)
yakker420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
SESSAGAFF

this is not a joke

that was not funny at all were looking for a nice logo, im going to report this to brent tortesson i dont understand why you think this is a joke
Old 09-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
Gino

For what they are asking, the opertunity for a free product with there name engraved into it is well worth the small amount of time to make a non insulting simple clean logo. I dont think they are looking for an insane and costly logo, thier company makes more than just Gaffs.

I'm working on mine. its an easy opertunity to get a well crafted product for free.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
toadstoadsonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakker420 View Post
Here is my artwork submission, but really I am not a hater, seriously, not a hater.
I think we found a winner! Great logo they should pick your logo, give you a gaff and use your catchy line on the bottom. LoL'z
toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #16
MalibuJohnny

ASSES! SESSA!

Quote:
Well done...well done~! even better than I could of come up with!

Is this the guy?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #17
pchen911

Quote:
LOL..... That was mean.... But funny.

I didn't catch that until you mentioned it..... "SESSA : ASSES".... Was that intentional?

Like the "WGASA" railway line at the San Diego Wild Animal Park.... Resulted from their marketing department struggling to come up with a name, then someone gave up and said "Who Gives A Shit Anyways".... WGASA...
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #18
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Sounds like a good opportunity for a budding artist to design something, and build their resume. Or someone who has skills anyway to bust something out for nice looking gaff. I can only draw stick figures, so I won't even bother.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #19
ship 4 brains

Calm Down SESSA - that was funny.
ship 4 brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
DESTROYER

GROW UP GUYS! I worked with Mike and his uncle all last week to get one of their gaffs donated for the SMM tournament and this is how you treat them. They are both very nice guys. I think this is a great opportunity for someone. These gaffs are very high quality. Mike isn't putting a gun to any of your heads to draw a picture......LOW CLASS!

Matt Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote