Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-03-2016, 06:53 AM   #41
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Sorry to hear about the feet Bob.... Hope you feel better soon!
You are a great inspiration to all of us!
Cheers!

Todd
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #42
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
DAMN, you know me and pictures................... So you and John are just going to have to set up a play day and meet me at Oceanside or Lj one afternoon and and have a go at it. BTW that invite is open to any BWE members. Just contact me and bring a 6 pk of COLD A&W Cream Sodas, your OWN pfd and paddle. Troy YOU bring your camera and then you can post them all. I know people will want to see them, it is a modified fish/ski that is fast, pretty stable, and has a gigantic storage area for rods and big fish........... AND handles surf launches and landings with MY eyes closed. Not built for bait fishermen, but I am not a masterbaiter. Tight Lines.
I will bring two six packs of your choice to try that rocket ship of a kayak.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #43
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
No way, I do not want to be stranded in Lodi. Kaya_one, thank you for your selfless offer. My money is on the Stealth Pro Fisha 525. However a great, world famous, yaker by the name of Deamon Jim would put it to good use. Or you might want to donate is to HOW, as it is a good hull, I had one a few years ago. Jeff, I don't know, as that is a lot of get up and go, your miata might not be able to catch up. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomeymd View Post
So...I missed the part in there where you go to the wine shop and clean out the shelves...lol

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #44
cabojohn
PROBATION

bump bump

Hola Bob,
Still waiting for pics and a paddle report...
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #45
tsugg
LOWSPARK

79 lbs

I left the hobie PA14(dark side) because of the weight and I love my Eddyline C-135. It's fast and light and tracks so straight that a rudder isn't needed. And a great seat. $2100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1231.JPG (126.9 KB, 171 views)
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #46
Mr_Fixit

My Outback does not track very straight at all even with a rudder. Its actually fairly frustrating. This is my one complaint.
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #47
tsugg
LOWSPARK

I agree

Everyone says you can fish hands free with the hobies--- not true. You are constantly correcting for a wandering yak. If anything paddling my eddyline is now more hands free than my PA was.Go figure. And once the eddy is up to speed it will coast forever, something a PA just doesn't want to do. The eddyline is a smooth finish like a boat and I think that helps it glide better, not to mention it's a rigid hull so it's fast like a fiberglass surfboard VS a soft surfboard. Something Eddyline calls carbonlite, it's a mixture of carbon fiber for strength and ABS for durability. I know you can buy a paddle yak for way less but they are not even similar to Eddyline products.
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #48
monstahfish

Just a few other options for you Bob if you want to go thermoform.
Eddyline caribbean 14 50lbs,
hurricane skimmer 140 58lbs,
tarpon 120 ultralite 43 lbs
good luck with the new boat. I'll be glad to help get you down to the water in october.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #49
chris138
donkey roper

Cuda LT is around 60 lbs
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #50
_Obed
Bird nest master

Hello im currently in the market for a Stealth profisha 525 or 575.
I would highly appreciate if i could take you up on your offer about trying out the kayak. I've been talking to headwaters and plan on getting one soon. Only problem is i can't try one in surf conditions up there.. or at all until i make the trip to lodi.
If your available i am at your disposal ten min away from lj.
Thank you in advance and good luck with your situation
_Obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #51
walrus

In early September Makobob gave me a chance to try out his the stealth and here's my view.

Conditions: 10-12 mile per hour winds, open sea, normal wind chop for winds.

What I did wrong, but not it's a kayak problem. I didn't adjust the rudder pedals to fit me before I launched.

I'm 66 years old and found carrying the kayak from the house (in Baja) to the water over my head was easier than pulling my Hobie down there with a wheeleez cart. With the exception of when a gust of wind got underneath and it nearly pulled me over sideways. Yep! it's that light.

The Stealth has a small fixed rudder that was far more responsive than the one one my Hobie. It's important to adjust the steering pedals if you using it after someone else or using it for the first time. You simply cannot turn against the rudder using the paddles. Once I got the steering figured out I turned into the wind and took out like a rocket, this really impressed me for as a person who has not done much paddling the last couple of years. I would give this kayak five stars for performance.

The design is a somewhere between a stand up paddle board and a rotomolded plastic kayak. Because of the low profile it's a wetter than a pro angler, which is not a bad thing when your in Baja.

I'm not ready to give up my Hobie's quite yet, but if my knees continue to get worse, It's good to know I have an alternate choice to giving up the sport.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #52
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
In early September Makobob gave me a chance to try out his the stealth and here's my view.

Conditions: 10-12 mile per hour winds, open sea, normal wind chop for winds.

What I did wrong, but not it's a kayak problem. I didn't adjust the rudder pedals to fit me before I launched.

I'm 66 years old and found carrying the kayak from the house (in Baja) to the water over my head was easier than pulling my Hobie down there with a wheeleez cart. With the exception of when a gust of wind got underneath and it nearly pulled me over sideways. Yep! it's that light.

The Stealth has a small fixed rudder that was far more responsive than the one one my Hobie. It's important to adjust the steering pedals if you using it after someone else or using it for the first time. You simply cannot turn against the rudder using the paddles. Once I got the steering figured out I turned into the wind and took out like a rocket, this really impressed me for as a person who has not done much paddling the last couple of years. I would give this kayak five stars for performance.

The design is a somewhere between a stand up paddle board and a rotomolded plastic kayak. Because of the low profile it's a wetter than a pro angler, which is not a bad thing when your in Baja.

I'm not ready to give up my Hobie's quite yet, but if my knees continue to get worse, It's good to know I have an alternate choice to giving up the sport.
Did you find it considerably faster than the Hobie?
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:41 PM   #53
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Did you find it considerably faster than the Hobie?
Jeff with you paddling skills you should be able to maintain 5+ in most conditions.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-31-2016, 05:17 PM   #54
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Jedi, the force was Not with you, had you posted earlier I could have brought it back with me from Baja. It will be back in January, however It could be tried on my Asuncion trip to see Rossman at Thanksgiving OR you could try it at MAG BAY just after New Years. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Obed View Post
Hello im currently in the market for a Stealth profisha 525 or 575.
I would highly appreciate if i could take you up on your offer about trying out the kayak. I've been talking to headwaters and plan on getting one soon. Only problem is i can't try one in surf conditions up there.. or at all until i make the trip to lodi.
If your available i am at your disposal ten min away from lj.
Thank you in advance and good luck with your situation

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-31-2016, 05:53 PM   #55
Deamon

Wally...seriously?
Prelaunch peddle adjustment omission? You're getting old pal. You in a diaper these days?
Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #56
walrus

Buddha:
Yes, it is faster cruising than most of the mirage drive yaks I've tried.

Deamon:
No diaper yet! but like any little kid I get excited about new things and rush into them without checking first.