Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 12-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #21
T-Rex

Excellent video! I really enjoyed your recipes. Your video got me motivated to go out and get a couple of sheephead, lobster, rock scallops and urchins. I hadnÂ’t been lobster diving in about 30 years and went 1 short for 8 grabs. I think I better stick with hooping. Fortunately I had a couple in the freezer. Amazing how good the sheephead was! Thanks for posting!
Old 12-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #22
Tigermidge

Great video thank you so much for all the time you put in.

Mark F.
Tigermidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:24 PM   #23
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Excellent video! I really enjoyed your recipes. Your video got me motivated to go out and get a couple of sheephead, lobster, rock scallops and urchins. I hadnÂ’t been lobster diving in about 30 years and went 1 short for 8 grabs. I think I better stick with hooping. Fortunately I had a couple in the freezer. Amazing how good the sheephead was! Thanks for posting!
Thank you!!

Hahaha I'm the exact opposite. Last time I tried to go hooping, I was an hour late to meet my buddy at the launch, forgot my rod tethers and rolled the damn kayak leaning out to grab my favorite spinning rod after I knocked it into the water with my paddle. Spend the whole damn night in soaking wet waders thinking about how, if I had my wetsuit on, I could just do a quick drop and grab all the shit I lost when I rolled

I find lobster diving is a big game of numbers. My ratio is about a dozen shorts per legal, and every grab is an opportunity cost... I usually have a few "Warm-up grabs" before I'll pass on them on sight.... and they always look bigger in the glass underwater than they do once you get them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermidge View Post
Great video thank you so much for all the time you put in.

Mark F.
Cheers! Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSpencerallen

https://www.instagram.com/el_spencerino
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote