Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
sdfisher

LJ 5/7 non report

I usually don't fish on fridays, kind of a superstitious thing, but it seems that everytime i go out fishing on fridays i have bad luck. I lose gear, have a terrible time on the water, etc, etc.... I decided to try to change my friday blues yesterday by going out to fish the incoming tide in the afternoon.

got to the launch unloaded all my gear and found that the top to my battery box for the fishfinder was missing, not sure how this could of happened because tuesday it was in there and I hadn't opened the hatch since then. As soon as I park my carI feel a sharp pain in my forearm, look down and see a bee had just stung me! first time i had ever been stung so i was worried about finding out if i was allergic to bee's while out on the water, i felt fine so decided to try my luck.

got out on the water, made a couple spanish macks but the smelt where the only thing biting the sabiki, loaded up the bait tank with smelt and hit the kelp, the two spanish macks i had tangled themselves in the kelp real quick and were lost when i played tug of war with them, but every smelt i put on had no problem with the kelp at all. fished the kelp for 4 hours, saw barracuda, small yellows and one large WSB that was so close to the yak that it could of been dinner if i had a spear gun. the only thing i caught was a buzz from the beers i took out with me, besides the early mishaps it was a nice day on the water overall....
sdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
T Bone

Beer weighs down the boat too much so I bring Ganja... Halibut like those smelt,send them to the bottom.I cant believe how big some of those smelt are,sabiki destryoing son-of-a-guns...

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
dfroggy54
Rolly

I feel yah man, ive got a friday thing too..after passing all that green yesterday I saw a cruising white as well he was prolly haha, got hassled by a big bull brown dog playing fetch with my iron.. It was fun raking in all that free floating kelp with my Cd14 though haha hopefully, the tide will shifteverything out..maybe the friday thing is when I notice all things wrong.
dfroggy54 is offline   Reply With Quote