Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
goldenglory18

MDR - 4/1/17 - Skunk again

Saturday PM I hit Marina Del Rey. This is the third time out with fishing in mind and another skunk to my name.

Launched around 4pm. Planned to hit all the structure I could see in Basin D (holy cow there was A LOT.) I tried to simplify my attack and only threw an Ima 100 jerkbait and a 1/2oz Warbaits w/orange and red SB tails. Result, not even a sniff.

I'm wondering if I'm still not fishing slow enough. This time out, I committed to fishing as low, and slow as I possibly can and I still think I tried to cover too much water and didn't dissect the structure enough. Either that or the spotties just aren't hiding in the types of places I'm used to getting freshwater bites.

...or there just arent any fish in this water and I should just giveup and head to LJ.

Have a great week everyone!

- KT

Last edited by goldenglory18; 07-18-2017 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Title update
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote