Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
fredhook1

la jolla 9-15 am

launched at 620 and went to the pier for bait to find all the candybar greenies you wanted, loaded up 15 in 6 drops of the sabiki. started off north of the pier looking for mr. flattie, fished for over an hour and a half and got one raked bait and one hang up. decided to head to the point and give the yellows a shot. on my way out i hook up just west of the pier and it feels like a good fish. it peels line from from my reel pretty easy but comes unbuttoned before color. i pin up another mac and continue the journey o the point. i arrrive and fish for 2 hours without a zzzzzzing. i drop my low to the bottom with hopes to find my flattie and my mac gets slammed i give it a few and pop the hook home. i have hopes of a big halibut but i can tell by the fight it wasn't. it turned out to be a 7 pound firecracker. i start trolling again and get a few more raked and mutilated baits and decide to head in. i pin my last bait and paddle past the point in 50 feet of water my reel begins to sing. ZZZZZZzzzZZZZZzzZZZZZZ give it 6 seconds and bendo it feels like a decent fish and after a short battle i bring a 17 pounder to gaff.

fredhook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
fishinhb

Nice feeeesh.