Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
yakman619
HMFIC

LJ Tomorrow! 04 July 12

Anyone else hitting LJ in the morning? I got my truck stuck in the sand a couple weeks ago, I'm afraid of having a repeat in the morning this time around! I'd be nice to know that there is someone to bail me out if needed, and vice versa.
yakman619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
toadstoadsonly

Ill be out there but I do not have a 4x4 but I do have limited slip differential, I got stuck also a couple weeks ago, deflated my rear tires a little push by my buddies and we were off. I have a black tacoma if you get stuck ill try to help.
toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
dorado50

Hope your not the only one going out on fourth of july? I may buy a tow truck and pull out all submerged cars,trucks free of charge as a community service! Now thats an idea...... if anyone stays out for the fireworks make sure you have ear protection. The explosions could damage your inner ear.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Limits
Kayak Fanatic

I'm about 90% sure I'll be making the long haul to LJ mañana.

Are you definitely going?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
jsigone

LOL I drove my lower EVO on the sand there and never got stuck, spin the tires sometimes but its active diff always got me out. Now I have an FJ, it shall not get stuck either

Good luck out there tomorrow and hope you get there early enough to find parking.
jsigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
yakman619
HMFIC

Ive got a 1/2 day charter ticket I've got to burn before it expires. I decided I'll go get some bass, and hit LJ on Saturday. I figured I won't be spent if I take the cattle truck out tomorrow; I'll be able to do the whole bbq/fireworks stuff with the family and wont have to worry about recovering/cleaning my kayak.

Hopefully I'll see you guys on the water Saturday. Good luck tomorrow; hopefully all the PBer will be stuck at home, and you'll have the water to yourselves
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
yakman619
HMFIC

The sand has been worse than usual the last few weeks. I've never had probems in the past either, and I only have RWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
LOL I drove my lower EVO on the sand there and never got stuck, spin the tires sometimes but its active diff always got me out. Now I have an FJ, it shall not get stuck either

Good luck out there tomorrow and hope you get there early enough to find parking.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
ashmoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakman619 View Post
The sand has been worse than usual the last few weeks. I've never had probems in the past either, and I only have RWD.
X2... Stuck twice in the past month, never happnd before
ashmoz is offline   Reply With Quote