Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
sammysamsam

Installing fish finder

Anyone in the 714 area willing to help me install my cuda 350? I have looked at countless videos and such but wouldnt mind having someone with experience showing how to do it.
sammysamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysamsam View Post
Anyone in the 714 area willing to help me install my cuda 350? I have looked at countless videos and such but wouldnt mind having someone with experience showing how to do it.
I'm not in the 714 area but what trouble are you having? Post some details and I can assure you that you'll have countless responses and the how and the what's of FF installs.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I'm not in the 714 area but what trouble are you having? Post some details and I can assure you that you'll have countless responses and the how and the what's of FF installs.

Jorge is the master of fishfinder installation, he will come to you for a fee, plus $.75 a mile traveled. Jorge I get 10% for the plug.

just kidding, follow his advice post up.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Jorge is the master of fishfinder installation, he will come to you for a fee, plus $.75 a mile traveled. Jorge I get 10% for the plug.

just kidding, follow his advice post up.
well i guess the part that seems really hard is installing the transducer. I read the thread about installing a wet mount and would like to do it that way. Just seems a little daunting for me to do it like that.

Last edited by sammysamsam; 05-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
KennyHill

Just put your transducer in a ziplock sandwitch bag with alittle bit of water in it and set it in place when you get out on the water. quick and easy.

enless your looking for permanent install. That seems to be the easiest way to me. No glue, no holes, no air bubbles, no problems.
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHill View Post
Just put your transducer in a ziplock sandwitch bag with alittle bit of water in it and set it in place when you get out on the water. quick and easy.

enless your looking for permanent install. That seems to be the easiest way to me. No glue, no holes, no air bubbles, no problems.
Wow, i have never heard of doing it that way. Do you get good results? where would you set it in place exactly?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHill View Post

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see how the water seal occurs when there's a wire coming out of the ziplock bag...maybe post a picture of your set-up? Framed up tight to keep the transducer from moving around...or lake flat conditions only (no surf zone entry)?
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

wet-seat trans

Here's how I did it... simple and 6 months later it still works great too! Thanks for the How-to tip Leo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_17_11 001.jpg (47.9 KB, 268 views)
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
IB Fish"N"

I just took a piece of foam about 6"X6" and about 2" thick cut shape of transducer then glued it down inside after that put water in and press transducer down inside and make it level and your done soak up extra water. Great picture.
IB Fish"N" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #10
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysamsam View Post
well i guess the part that seems really hard is installing the transducer. I read the thread about installing a wet mount and would like to do it that way. Just seems a little daunting for me to do it like that.
Use the Electrical Putty installation method it's easy, stays in place and the readings are dead on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZ9_C1iKP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1d3...eature=related

This is what I used and here are the results.

It works and it's very easy.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Use the Electrical Putty installation method it's easy, stays in place and the readings are dead on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZ9_C1iKP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1d3...eature=related

This is what I used and here are the results.

It works and it's very easy.
Seems simple enough also. Lost of ideas here. Thanks!

seeing as the 6v 12ah batteries are so cheap, i might as well buy one of those and dedicate my 12v to the ff. There are diff types of 6v batteries tho.
Does it matter which kind i get? sealed acid, gel, etc?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
kobra

Same type as your 12 volt. Gel type.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote