Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
surfisher

And it continues .... Upgrading from yesterday!

To start, I don’t mean to start two new threads on back to back days, but I had today off again so I hit LJ for a morning mission. I will try to include the important details as best I can since it sounds like most of you are going to be out there Friday/this weekend.

Launched at 6. Headed out. I passed up the usual bait making spot since the bones have been destroying that area. Since there is so much bait in the water, just paddle out to the fishing grounds and make bait on the first puddle you see. It will be loaded with greendbacks of the perfect size. I got some bait and threw my first one out, and within minutes I got picked up. At first we all thought it was a seal because the thing made a huge splash and my line was screaming, but I got it under control and 5 min later I got it up. Nice grade fish. Released. Peddled for another hour zig-zagging between the bait puddles, going inside to outside. Got picked up again and towed to the kelp. Got that one up to the boat, another nice grade fish, released. Pretty slow the rest of the morning, and way slower than yesterday. That being said, there were not too many people out there and it seemed like people were still hooking up. I also had about 5 YT boil on my surface iron and I hooked one, but got too excited and let the line slack a bit and it popped off. Next time. Back at the beach by 12 before the storms came in. Beautiful morning on the water.

Went 2-3. Both released. Made another 15sec video recap of the morning. The first clip has the insane bait boils that are everywhere! Good luck to the weekend warriors!

Name:  G0020772.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  35.2 KB
Name:  G0030881.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  29.9 KB
surfisher is offline   Reply With Quote