Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
linghunter
skunk

Report for 8/21

I would like to start this post by thanking Ron Lane of Fast Lane Sailing Center for his recent help with my first purchase of a Hobie Outback. I first purchased a 2006 Outback from Ron and had had some issues with the kayak that I'm sure could have been fixed. Ron mentioned that he thought it would be best to call Hobie and discuss different possibilities. A short time later Ron came back and said that it must be my lucky day because I was getting a BRAND NEW KAYAK!!! This was about the best news I could here and I never thought that would happen. This just goes to show what kind of classy guy Ron Lane is and that Hobie stands behind a quality product. Any one on the fence about buying a Hobie really should give them a shot, this product is made for fishing!!!

Now for the fish story! Hit the water at 3:30 and peddled around trying to make bait for about an hour, once again all I could find were spanish macks and once again they worked. First fish was caught about 70ft down in 110ft of water on the mack ( This was the smaller of the two fish). The second came up on the Iron. I really like catching YT this way.

Paul
Attached Images

linghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
THE DARKHORSE

I hate to say "I told you so"..........

But.... I would be more surprised if I heard anything different about Fastlane, so "I told you so".

I bet it was pretty cool when that big Yellowtail stopped the iron, plus being able to pull as hard as you can in the new Outback without even thinking of having to counter balance is nice. By the way, are you still not using the gaff? I'm stoked for you Paul!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Billy V

Nice couple of fish you got there.

Ron Lane and the entire Family and Staff are very solid people. They offer good support for the Hobie product during and after the purchase.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
Matt
Support your local pangas

Nice fish my man!!! Congrats
Old 08-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Wow! Congrats Paul! You holding nice fish is becoming a familiar sight!!: sifone:

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
One Rev

I have bought all three of my Hobie's (2 outbacks and a sport) and every problem I have had they have been generous with me. The first problem was the shaft on the mirage drive got bent and they fixed it no charge. The second was the cap on the stainless cable that connects to the pedal crank pulled off the cable. No problem again and they fixed it again no charge.
Ron understands customer service.

Mike
One Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
linghunter
skunk

Thanks all!

If I could only manage a WSB this year I would feel complete.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
lamb

NICE TAIL!

Super cool to hear about the great service you got there, never a bad thing and something we all benefit from. Hobie seems to stand behind their products, no doubt.

I never heard a bad thing about OEX or any of their stores. Their store in Oceanside sells Hobie Kayaks, and I'm sure their customer service is very much comparable. Since OEX happens to be very active in kayak fishing community - tourneys and events, supporting Hubbs/Seaworld WSB program, picking up the tab for hosting of this very forum and all other expenses involved, sponsoring the launch webcam, kicking off and running all these cool mothership trips, etc etc... I felt I should mention, just for the record...

If my sig doesn't make it clear - I'm on OEX Team.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #9
linghunter
skunk

No doubt OEX is the CHIT!

I still need to check them out. I have not been to the shop yet but plan to soon.

Paul
Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linghunter View Post
I still need to check them out. I have not been to the shop yet but plan to soon.

!!!

Your missing out on the premier shop for kayak anglers! A great shop that stands behind their products and isn't limited to just kayaks and bait tanks. They have been involved with the sport of kayak fishing, almost since it's inception. They have almost everything you can think of to equip your kayak in one stop shopping. They even sell some of the kayak fishing specific tackle that many kayak anglers find useful. And as Adi said... they give back to you with multiple tournaments, web cams, multiple locations, partnerships with mothership possibilities, active involvement with the MLPA process, newsletters to the fishing community, BWE, & everything to do with kayak fishing.... I am repeating some of the things that Adi said, but they bear repeating!

and I'm not even an OEX Team member!

OEX ROCKS!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote