Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Comanche

Coin Car Wash in Redondo?

I'm looking for a Coin operated car wash in that area...Theres one in my area but I dont want to damage the roof of the car with salt...bit of a drive home.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
dorado50

try google.com
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Badtaste2k

There is on on just east of prospect at 1007 Torrance Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA, 90277

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17027...ondo-Beach-CA/

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (51.4 KB, 86 views)
Badtaste2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
PE.rider

That is the reason why I prefer to launch in boat ramp areas where water hoses are available... sometimes the fees are worth it.

Otherwise, I'll bring a 2 or 4 gallon sprayer filled with tap water in the car trunk.

Spray off the salt water, dry it down with a towel and load onto your roof rack or trailer.

You can always wash off your car and yak when you return home.

Going to a car wash with a yak on the roof isn't recommended; unless of course it's one where you pay for a spray hose... Still, you can't really clean the yak at those locations, as I wash down the inside of the yak and leave the hatches open to dry; especially when you get saltwater inside the yak (i.e. from shore launches, etc).
PE.rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #5
Comanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by PE.rider View Post
That is the reason why I prefer to launch in boat ramp areas where water hoses are available... sometimes the fees are worth it.

Otherwise, I'll bring a 2 or 4 gallon sprayer filled with tap water in the car trunk.

Spray off the salt water, dry it down with a towel and load onto your roof rack or trailer.

You can always wash off your car and yak when you return home.

Going to a car wash with a yak on the roof isn't recommended; unless of course it's one where you pay for a spray hose... Still, you can't really clean the yak at those locations, as I wash down the inside of the yak and leave the hatches open to dry; especially when you get saltwater inside the yak (i.e. from shore launches, etc).

Thank you for your reply it was helpful.... I was thinking about the same thing but since Ive never used or know about whats available at king harbor I was thinking car wash spray hose.

Ive seen what saltwater does if left to dry...
Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #6
Comanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badtaste2k View Post
There is on on just east of prospect at 1007 Torrance Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA, 90277

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17027...ondo-Beach-CA/

Dan

Thanks it's right on my way home!!!