Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-25-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
eatmoretuna
Junior

rockfishing in orange county

Hey everyone,
I fished La Jolla for years close to a decade ago and then moved to NYC. Now I am back in CA living in Fullerton until I can get back down to SD. Does anyone have any advice on good places to launch and where to find some rockpiles so I can bring home some rockfish for dinner?

Thanks
eatmoretuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
wkk
Junior

You can park and launch from the Coast Guard station at new port harbor. Paddle out of the harbor and turn left (heading south). There's kelp and rocks along the shoreline. Lots of sheepshead in the area if using frozen market shrimp. Should be various rock fish and bass in the kelp as well.
wkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
StrikerMC
Instagram:@nomad.waterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmoretuna View Post
Hey everyone,
I fished La Jolla for years close to a decade ago and then moved to NYC. Now I am back in CA living in Fullerton until I can get back down to SD. Does anyone have any advice on good places to launch and where to find some rockpiles so I can bring home some rockfish for dinner?

Thanks
Launch at the elbow of the peninsula, there's a public dock/beach area. For rockfish, head out on a Saturday at around 7 or 8AM and follow the army of Hobies out past the buoy. Ask them some questions and they may be willing to help!
StrikerMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #4
eatmoretuna
Junior

Many thanks!
eatmoretuna is offline   Reply With Quote